University Research Advisory Committee
The function of the URAC is to advise the President and Provost on strategies to stimulate growth in research and externally funded scholarly activities within the university community and the development of a comprehensive structure and network of activities to foster externally funded scholarly activities. In carrying out its function, the URAC will:
1. Identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and challenges to research growth and externally funded scholarly activities at Tennessee Tech
2. Identify emerging research opportunities anticipated across the academic disciplines
3. Make recommendations regarding intellectual and infrastructure needs required to capitalize on major research opportunities
4. Develop plans and make recommendations for accessing, supporting and sustaining existing and emerging research thrust areas
5. Review current practices in research administration and recommend strategies to foster research growth, and
6. Make recommendations regarding the commercialization of research and intellectual property issues.