Center for Manufacturing Research
Ying Zhang, Ph.D.
The Center for Manufacturing Research was created to draw together resources of the State of Tennessee, the university, industries and governmental funding agencies into a cooperative effort to be on the leading edge of the latest technological advances in manufacturing. The Center draws upon expertise from throughout the College of Engineering and various other colleges, departmenets and the university, as appropriate, as well as resources outside the university. The Center also employs dedicated faculty and staff that are responsible for enhancing and supporting our strategic research program.
Established in 1985, the CMR exceeded the State of Tennessee's benchmarks of performance and was officially recognized by the State as an Accomplished Center of Excellence in 1990.
CMR Focus Areas:
- Digital Design and Manufacturing
- Additive Manufacturing
- Advanced Robotics and Controls
- Cybersecurity in Manufacturing
- Sustainable Materials and Manufacturing
- Materials Processing and Modeling
- Energy Conversion / Storage Materials and Devices