Golden Eagle Experience
Making the Most of Week of Welcome
Your first week of college will be here sooner than you think! Before ever stepping foot into the classroom, you will have the opportunity to meet lots of other new students, figure out your way around campus, learn about student clubs and organizations, and create fun college memories! How will you be able to do this before classes start?
You will find all of these opportunities and more during Week of Welcome! Tennessee Tech’s Week of Welcome is packed full of fun and exciting events designed to help you acclimate to campus before the semester begins. Keep reading to find out how to make the most out of your Week of Welcome experience.
- Participate: To take advantage of all that week of welcome has to offer, you have to show up! Once
you figure out what day you are going to be moving to campus, take a look at the Week of Welcome schedule (www.tntech.edu/weekofwelcome). Decide which events peak your interest, and make a plan to attend! More events will
be added to the schedule throughout the summer, so be sure to continue updating your
- Leave your comfort zone at home. Don’t be scared to go to an event that you would not normally attend. Coming to college
is the perfect time to get outside of your box by experimenting with new interests!
Even if you have to attend an event alone, you may discover a new hobby, student organization,
- Prepare academically. Week of Welcome is full of fun, but it is also full of great information. There are
many events on the schedule that will help prepare you for the first day of classes
and for the academic aspect of being a Tennessee Tech student. Events such as the
Freshmen Fall Classes Guided Tour with SOAs and the Launchpad Advisor Tent will help
some of your first day jitters subside.
- Find all of the freebies. Of course, all Week of Welcome events are free to Tennessee Tech students. However,
you may not realize all of the free items that will be given away at these events!
From a free grab-and-go breakfast to a free first day photo to free student organization
branded merchandise, you will have a full stomach, wall, and closet by the end of
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Are you curious about an event? Do you have questions about your classes or student organizations? Your SOA is still here for you! Throughout the summer and during the school year, your SOA will always be willing to provide you with the information and advice that you need. During Week of Welcome, the 2022 SOA team will be giving guided class tours, setting up an information tent on the first day of classes, and attending Week of Welcome events, just like you! Don’t hesitate to ask your SOA or any SOA any questions you may have.
Don’t miss out on one of the most exciting weeks of your college experience! Make a plan to attend, and get excited! Access the full and most updated Week of Welcome event listing and details at www.tntech.edu/weekofwelcome. For event reminders and updates, be sure to follow @tntech_nsfp on Instagram!