New Student & Family Programs
About New Student & Family Programs
The Office of New Student & Family Programs at Tennessee Tech oversees orientation and transition programs for new students and their families. Our office supports the transition of new students and families by bridging gaps between high school, community colleges, and Tech. Our staff is here to provide assistance and information to students and their families to establish a foundation for success. Please contact us with any questions you may have regarding orientation, the first-year experience, or our parent and family programs.
The Office of New Student & Family Programs is committed to serving students and families by:
- Providing programs and services to assist the transition of new students into the intellectual, cultural, and social climate of Tennessee Tech.
- Exposing new students to the University's educational and extracurricular opportunities in order to foster personal growth.
- Educating and establishing partnerships with parent and family members to support
students' academic and personal success.
New Student & Family Programs houses a variety of programs to acclimate students to campus and help them be successful throughout their first year.
- First-Year Orientation - SOAR (Student Orientation, Advisement, and Registration)
- Spring Orientation (Freshman & Transfer Students)
- Transfer Orientation
- International Orientation
- The First-Year Experience
- Parent and Family Programs