Center for Advancing Faculty Excellence
Welcome to Tennessee Tech!
Whether you are brand new to the faculty role, transitioning from another role, or new to Tennessee Tech, we are excited to have you joining our team of incredible faculty. We are here to help ensure your transition goes smoothly and assist as you prepare for the upcoming semester. Below, you will find resources, information, and more, all directed at helping you begin this new phase.
All new faculty hired during the fall semester, are required to participate in our New Faculty Orientation that will take place on August 4 and 8, 2022. For a full schedule and additional resources, visit our New Faculty Orientation page. If you were unable to attend our in-person training, or are not hired until later in the semester, please contact Emmie Acuff at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about our online option.
If you have not already done so, you will need to complete Online iLearn training. To register for the training, visit the Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning's iLearn support page.
- New Faculty Orientation provides training, resources, tools, and more for new faculty.
- Human Resources not only provides instruction on new faculty paperwork such as payroll and benefits, but also provides trainings to increase professional growth.
- Faculty Resources provides a multitude of resources in all areas ranging from Tennessee Tech’s campus map to accessibility, tenure, and promotion.
- Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning provides guidance and resources for faculty development, instructional technology, and instructional design.
- Student Success Centers provide advising, resources, support, and opportunities for students across campus to help with succeeding in professional, educational, and personal growth.
- TechConnect is a tool that can bring us all closer together to ensure that students have the support they need to be successful at Tennessee Tech.