CyberCorps SFS New Scholars Seminar Series (NS3)
Tennessee Tech (TN Tech) is excited to announce the 3rd Annual SFS New Scholar Seminar Series (NS3). This year's seminar series will be conducted across eight Tuesday evenings from 6pm - 8pm Central Time. The purpose of NS3 is not only to prepare NEW SFS students to succeed, but also to connect them with their peers and role-models/mentors so that they are empowered by the SFS Community and are able to support each other toward achieving their goals.
Like last year, the seminar series will cost $180. This cost can be paid via the SFS student's professional development funds. In order to expedite payment processing, we ask that payments be made via individual credit or debit card. Institutional POs and checks ARE NOT PERMITTED.
Topics covered will include
- Program Expectations and Requirements
- Discussions with current SFS scholars and alums
- Cybersecurity and Critical Infrastructure
- Cybersecurity and Law Enforcement
- Technical writing and equitable communications
- Resume development and "landing the interview"
- All about security clearances
- Opportunities at federal agencies and national labs
Upon successful completion, the fall cohort will be invited to attend an in-person certificate award ceremony and meet-and-greet event at the annual SFS job fair in January at DC.
Please register by September 19th at the NS3 registration page. The application and eligibility status will be verified by OPM. Once verified, a confirmation email along with a payment link will be sent to each individual student. Meeting links will be sent directly to the students upon registration and payment completion.