Students: Sign-up for Lab Reservations
Program Philosophy & Goals
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION!!
Welcome from Angie Smith, Director of the CDL
Welcome to the Child Development Laboratory, part of Tennessee Tech's College of Education.
As a university-based laboratory program, one of our important goals is to train TTU students majoring in early childhood/ early child special education, child and family studies, and other academic disciplines such as music therapy, nursing, and psychology. We strive to exhibit the highest standards and best practices in child care and early education professions.
- The laboratory setting provides additional experiences for children through age-appropriate activities provided by teaching/practicum students.
- The children of the CDL spend their days in a socially stimulating and language rich environment where learning occurs through play-based developmentally appropriate curriculum.
For more information about our programs for young learners, please feel free to make an appointment for a tour to help answer any questions you may have regarding the CDL. We maintain an “open door policy” at all times.
We look forward to meeting everyone and working closely with each of our families and prospective student placements.
Angie Smith, Director
Child Development Lab | 931-372-6262 | firstname.lastname@example.org
CDL Program Philosophy
The Child Development Laboratory strongly believes that the young child learns best through direct experiences with his/her world and interaction with other children and supportive adults.
- Our program provides a multitude of play and social opportunities through which each child is guided toward his/her optimal developmental level.
- We create an inclusive environment that values all individuals regardless of ability, cultural, racial, or socioeconomic differences.
CDL Program Goals
- To enhance the growth and development of each child to his/her greatest potential.
- To support and empower families to be successful in the area of child rearing.
- To provide experiences for University students that are realistic and reflective of a quality childcare environment.
- To contribute to the knowledge base and expertise of childcare professionals through an environment conducive to research and training.