CDL Parent Information
Angie Smith, Director
Campus Box 5146
Cookeville, TN 38505
On a daily basis, we meet the needs of our children and providing an environment that
is developmentally appropriate. We would like to welcome all who are interested in
knowing more about our facility to come by and observe us at our best.
Pay Your Child's Tuition & Meal Plan Online
- CDL Admission Policies
Individuals wishing to apply for enrollment for their child should come by the Child Development Lab and pick up an application in Tech's Southwest Hall.
- There is a non-refundable $20 application fee at the time of submission.
- Applications will not be activated until the application fee has been paid. If no enrollment slots are available at the time, the child will be placed on a waiting list.
- The parent will be contacted when an age appropriate slot becomes available.At that time an appointment will be made to complete additional paperwork and provide an orientation to the CDL.
- Parent Handbook & Waiting List Application
- Program Philosophy
The Child Development Laboratory strongly believes that the young child learns best through direct experiences with his/her world and interaction with other children and supportive adults.
- Our program provides a multitude of play and social opportunities through which each child is guided toward his/her optimal developmental level.
- We create an inclusive environment that values all individuals regardless of ability, cultural, racial, or socioeconomic differences.
- To enhance the growth and development of each child to his/her greatest potential.
- To support and empower families to be successful in the area of child rearing.
- To provide experiences for University students that are realistic and reflective of a quality childcare environment.
- To contribute to the knowledge base and expertise of childcare professionals through an environment conducive to research and training.
The Tennessee Tech Child Development Laboratory serves university faculty, staff, students, and families throughout the Upper Cumberland. Applicants for enrollment will not be discriminated against because of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, or disability.