College of Engineering
Several teaching and research assistantships are available for highly qualified M.S. and Ph.D. applicants to the graduate programs in the College of Engineering.
Graduate research assistantships (GRA) are typically awarded annually and are renewable based on performance and availability of funds. Research assistantships for externally funded grants are specific to the project needs. The College of Engineering has three Centers of Excellence: Cybersecurity Education, Research and Outreach Center (CEROC); Center for Energy Systems Research (CESR); and Center for Manufacturing Research (CMR), which also provide Graduate Research Assistantships. Graduate teaching assistantships (GTA) are based on the instructional needs of departments. All assistantship awards are competitive and require admission on a full standing. Continuation and renewal of assistantships are based on students maintaining good academic standing, satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
Below are the available GRA and GTA positions.
Contact Holly Stretz, Ph.D., for GTA positions firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Benjamin Mohr, Ph.D., P.E. for GTA positions email@example.com
- Multiple GTA – Assisting faculty in lectures, labs and grading
Contact Gerald Gannod for GTA positions firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Allen MacKenzie, Ph.D. for available GTA positions email@example.com
Contact Rory Roberts, Ph.D. at firstname.lastname@example.org for
- GRA – 1 position – Ph.D. Level: Power systems research for air vehicles including hypersonic and commercial platforms, Tuition and $1700/month Stipend
- GRA – 1 position – Ph.D. Level: Solid oxide fuel cell research for strategic satellite power, Tuition and $1700/month Stipend
- GRA – 1 position – Ph.D. Level: Thermal management research for high power density electrical propulsion systems, Tuition and $1700/month Stipend
- GRA – 1 position – MS Level: Experimental solid oxide fuel cell research for air vehicles including hypersonic and commercial platforms, Tuition and $1500/month Stipend
- GRA – 1 position – MBA Level: Technology to market analysis and commercialization strategy for electric aviation technologies, Tuition and $1200/month Stipend
US Citizenship for the GRA positions listed above.
Contact Mohan Rao, Ph.D. for GTA positions email@example.com
Contact Satish M. Mahajan, Ph.D. for available GRA positions firstname.lastname@example.org
- GRA – 1 position: Data Analytics of Additive Manufacturing for High Performance Alloys Contact Duckbong Kim, Ph.D. at email@example.com
Contact Ying Zhang, Ph.D. for available GRA positions firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Ambareen Siraj, Ph.D. for available GRA positions email@example.com
For general information about graduate programs at Tennessee Tech University, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Graduate Studies Admissions webpage. Departmental websites provide additional information for the M.S. and Ph.D. program focus in each area.