College of Engineering
Ph.D. and M.S. program applicants are sought for Fall 2021. GRE test scores are waived for the Fall 2021 applicants.
Several teaching and research assistantships are available for highly qualified M.S. and Ph.D. applicants to the graduate programs in the College of Engineering.
Graduate research assistantships (GRA) are typically awarded annually and are renewable based on performance and availability of funds. Research assistantships for externally funded grants are specific to the project needs. The College of Engineering has three Centers of Excellence: Cybersecurity Education, Research and Outreach Center (CEROC); Center for Energy Systems Research (CESR); and Center for Manufacturing Research (CMR), which also provide Graduate Research Assistantships. Graduate teaching assistantships (GTA) are based on the instructional needs of departments. All assistantship awards are competitive and require admission on a full standing. Continuation and renewal of assistantships are based on students maintaining good academic standing, satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
Below are the available GRA and GTA positions.
- GTA – 1 position for Fall 2020 - Spring 2021 - Contact Cynthia Rice, Ph.D. at email@example.com
- Contact Benjamin Mohr, Ph.D., P.E. for GTA positions firstname.lastname@example.org
- GRA – 2-3 Positions - Next Generation Networking, Big Data Transport Protocols, Networking for Big Science - Contact Susmit Shannigrahi, Ph.D. at email@example.com Website: www.tntech-ngin.net
- GRA – Cybersecurity and Machine Learning (one Ph.D. GRA position) - Contact Denis Ulybyshev, Ph.D. at firstname.lastname@example.org
- GRA - Up to 2 Ph.D. positions - High Performance Computing, Cyber Security - Contact Sheikh Ghafoor, Ph.D. at email@example.com
- Contact Gerald Gannod for GTA positions firstname.lastname@example.org for
- GTA – 4-5 positions – Assisting faculty in lectures, labs and grading
- GRA – 8-10 positions working with the new faculty in areas such as: cybersecurity, software engineering, machine learning, and high performance computing
- Contact Allen MacKenzie, Ph.D. for for GTA positions email@example.com
- Contact Rory Roberts, Ph.D. at firstname.lastname@example.org for
- GRA – 1 position – Ph.D. Level: Power systems research for air vehicles including hypersonic and commercial platforms, Tuition and $1700/month Stipend
- GRA – 1 position – Ph.D. Level: Solid oxide fuel cell research for strategic satellite power, Tuition and $1700/month Stipend
- GRA – 1 position – Ph.D. Level: Thermal management research for high power density electrical propulsion systems, Tuition and $1700/month Stipend
- GRA – 1 position – MS Level: Experimental solid oxide fuel cell research for air vehicles including hypersonic and commercial platforms, Tuition and $1500/month Stipend
- GRA – 1 position – MBA Level: Technology to market analysis and commercialization strategy for electric aviation technologies, Tuition and $1200/month Stipend
US Citizenship for the GRA positions listed above.
- GRA – 1 position – Ph.D. Level: Security of Connected and Automated Vehicles, Networked Control Systems. Contact Arman Sargolzaei, Ph.D. at email@example.com
- Contact Mohan Rao, Ph.D. for GTA positions firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Satish M. Mahajan, Ph.D. for GRA positions email@example.com.
- GRA – 1 position: Data Analytics of Additive Manufacturing for High Performance Alloys Contact Duckbong Kim, Ph.D. at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Ying Zhang, Ph.D. for GRA positions email@example.com
- Contact Ambareen Siraj, Ph.D. for GRA positions firstname.lastname@example.org
For general information about graduate programs at Tennessee Tech University, please email email@example.com or visit Graduate Studies Admissions webpage. Departmental websites provide additional information for the M.S. and Ph.D. program focus in each area.