School of Art, Craft & Design
Students may earn this minor by completing 15 hours (5 courses) from the following courses:
- ART 2000: Art History Survey I, lecture, 3 credit hours.
- ART 2020: Art History Survey II, lecture, 3 credit hours.
- ART 3130: Art Since 1900, lecture, 3 credit hours.
Six hours (two courses) of the following upper division (3000 and above) Art History course offerings:
- ART 3150: History of Crafts I, lecture, 3 credit hours.
- ART 3160: History of Crafts II, lecture, 3 credit hours.
- ART 4040: Art Criticism and Aesthetic Understanding, lecture, 3 credit hours.
- ART 4100: Art Tour, lecture and study abroad experience, 3 credit hours.
- ART 4170: Ancient Mesoamerican Art, 3 credit hours.
Students may earn this minor by completing 15 hours (5 courses) from the following list of courses, which are all 3 credit hour studio courses:
|Art 1045: Drawing I||Art 3420: Painting III|
|Art 1050: Drawing II||3511: Intermediate Hand-building in Clay|
|Art 1250: Intro to Digital Imaging||Art 3521: Advanced Clay Studio|
|Art 1340: Foundations Studio I||Art 3610: Weaving I|
|Art 1350: Foundation Studio II||Art 3611: Weaving II|
|Art 2210: Intro to Design||Art 3620: Surface Design I|
|Art 2220: Typography, Text & Image||Art 3621: Surface Design II|
|Art 2340: CAD for Artist||Art 3640: 3D Structures I|
|Art 2410: Painting I||Art 3650: Fiber Art Studio I|
|Art 2510: Intro to Clay||Art 3651: Fiber Art Studio II|
|Art 2610: Intro to Fibers||Art 3711: Intermediate Glass|
|Art 2710: Intro to Glass||Art 3721: Advanced Glass|
|Art 2810: Intro to Metals||Art 3740: Warm Processes in Glass|
|Art 2910: Intro to Wood||Art 3750: Production Processes in Glass|
|Art 3210: Design Studio||Art 3811: Metals Studio: Metalsmithing|
|Art 3220: Design Studio II||Art 3821: Metals Studio: Blacksmithing|
|Art 3230: Design Studio III||Art 3911: Intermediate Wood|
|Art 3230: Design Studio III||Art 3921: Advanced Wood|
|Art 3310: Drawing III Art||Art 3940: Woodturning|
|Art 3410: Painting II|
A minor in art is ART 1340 or ART 1350, ART 1035, ART 1045, and Studio Electives—6 credit hours.