Audition Materials, Repertoire & Requirements
Please click the links to access the requirements for each instrument or voice audition.
The recommendations are a guide in the selection of appropriate material to prepare
for the instrumental and voice auditions.
- Music majors are required to participate in the appropriate Ensemble of Record during each semester of residency.
- All Tennessee Tech students are encouraged to join a music ensemble, whether or not
one is majoring in music. Join us!
- Auditions for acceptance as a music major do not constitute acceptance or placement
in University music ensembles (concert bands, choirs, jazz ensembles, orchestras,
and other performing organizations).
- Ensemble auditions take place during the first week of classes each semester or academic
- Some ensembles require students to audition separately for entry. Others require the
student to register for the class before the beginning of the academic term.
- Check with the individual ensemble director for membership information and requirements.
Ensembles and Non-Music Majors
The School of Music welcomes non-music major participation in its ensembles. For more
information and the possibility of non-major scholarship auditions, please contact
the appropriate instructor:
Dr. Jeffrey Miller: firstname.lastname@example.org : Marching Band, Symphony Band
Dr. Eric Harris: email@example.com : Wind Ensemble, Concert Band
Dr. Colin Hill : firstname.lastname@example.org : Afro-Caribbean Ensemble, African Drumming Ensemble
Professor Dan Allcott: email@example.com : University Orchestra
Professor Chris McCormick: firstname.lastname@example.org : Troubadours, Trouvères (Jazz Bands)
Dr. Craig Zamer: email@example.com : Concert Choir, Chorale
CONTACT US for questions