In addition to scholarships offered from Tennessee Tech, the School of Music administers a generous scholarship program for students showing promise as outstanding instrumental and vocal performers.
School of Music
2020 Music Audition Dates:
FEBRUARY 7 | FEBRUARY 21 | MARCH 6
Should circumstances prevent you from attending one of the scheduled audition days, please contact Dr. Michael Adduci, email@example.com, for assistance.
- All students applying for admission to the School of Music must first apply to Tennessee Tech for admission.
- Students should complete the application process as soon as possible in the fall of the year before their proposed entrance to the University.
- Early application is encouraged due to the University scholarship application annual deadline, December 15.
- NOTE: If you miss the Dec. 15th annual deadline for university scholarships, YOU MAY STILL AUDITION FOR SCHOLARSHIPS AWARDED BY THE SCHOOL OF MUSIC.
- Scholarships are available for music and non-music majors.
Audition Materials, Repertoire & Requirements
Please click the links to access the requirements for each instrument or voice audition. The recommendations are a guide in the selection of appropriate material to prepare for the instrumental and voice auditions.
- Music majors are required to participate in the appropriate Ensemble of Record during each semester of residency.
- All Tennessee Tech students are encouraged to join a music ensemble, whether or not one is majoring in music. Join us!
- Auditions for acceptance as a music major do not constitute acceptance or placement in University music ensembles (concert bands, choirs, jazz ensembles, orchestras, and other performing organizations).
- Ensemble auditions take place during the first week of classes each semester or academic year.
- Some ensembles require students to audition separately for entry. Others require the student to register for the class before the beginning of the academic term.
- Check with the individual ensemble director for membership information and requirements.
Ensembles and Non-Music Majors
The School of Music welcomes non-music major participation in its ensembles. For more information and the possibility of non-major scholarship auditions, please contact the appropriate instructor:
Dr. Jeffrey Miller: firstname.lastname@example.org : Marching Band, Symphony Band
Dr. Eric Harris: email@example.com : Wind Ensemble, Concert Band
Professor Dan Allcott: firstname.lastname@example.org : University Orchestra
Professor Chris McCormick: email@example.com : Troubadours, Trouvères (Jazz Bands)
Dr. Craig Zamer: firstname.lastname@example.org : Concert Choir, Chorale