Diversity Equity Access Council
The Diversity, Equity and Access Council organized in 2007 to oversee diversity, access, and equity issues on campus.
The council reports directly to Tennessee Tech President, Dr. Philip Oldham, who gave the committee its charge at its first meeting.
- Develop short term and long term objectives
- Identify strategies for accomplishing goals
- Collect and monitor data re: student recruitment, retention and graduation
- Monitor and evaluate progress
- Identify successful programs/practices and apply them where needed
- Identify any institutional barriers that hinder diversity
- Advise Tennessee Tech Administrators re: future programs/goals
- Compile Annual Report to President with recommendations and priorities