In Full Flight
Protect & Respect
Student Vaccine Challenge
Tennessee Tech wants to celebrate our currently enrolled students who are already vaccinated and incentivize those who are still unvaccinated, by offering a range of prizes in the new Protect & Respect Student Vaccine Challenge. This month-long challenge is intended for currently enrolled Tennessee Tech students who are vaccinated against COVID-19 and for those who are planning or in the process to become fully vaccinated.
Students who choose to enter will be eligible to win prizes that include:
- Grand Prize: $1,000 University Scholarship
- Apple AirPod Pros
- University Store Spirit Gear Gift Baskets
- Chartwells Dining Dollars
- Challenge launches Monday, Nov. 8, and runs through Wednesday Dec. 8.
- Prizes will be awarded on Friday, Dec. 10, with a virtual drawing by Awesome Eagle, and prizes will have to be picked up on campus no later than Thursday, Dec. 16.
- To enter the vaccine challenge, currently enrolled students must show their vaccination card and provide their university email address, either in-person at one of the vaccine clinics below or virtually during the times listed below. Only the student’s name and email address will be recorded to enter the vaccine challenge so that the university can contact the prize winners. Alternatively, students may choose to start the vaccine process at one of the clinics to be entered. No personal health information will be collected or stored for the purpose of this challenge.
- In-Person Vaccine Clinics provided by Health Services:
- Special kickoff clinic on Monday, Nov. 8, at the Burn from 1-4 p.m.
- Special kickoff clinic on Tuesday, Nov. 9, in the Tech Pride Room from 9 a.m.-noon.
- For the duration of the contest from Nov. 8, through Dec. 8, vaccination appointments will be available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at Health Services. Just call Health Services at 372-3320. COVID-19 vaccination appointments will still be available after the contest ends.
- Virtual Meeting via Zoom provided by Health Services:
- A representative from Health Services will be available virtually for students to present their vaccine cards and provide their name and university email address to be entered into the challenge.
- The Zoom meeting is open each Monday, Tuesday, and Friday from 1-3 p.m.
- Once you log on to enter the meeting, you will be placed in the meeting waiting room, and the host will allow you in one at a time to ensure no personal healthcare information is shared with others.
- Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89931797978
- Any currently enrolled student who shows their COVID-19 vaccine card, whether a single dose or two doses, is eligible no matter when or where they received the vaccine. They can also be automatically entered if they get vaccinated at one of the upcoming clinics hosted on campus by Health Services. University employees who are also students taking classes are eligible to participate.
- All currently enrolled students who show their vaccination card will receive one entry per student in the contest. Only one prize will be awarded per person. Students do not have to be present to win. The drawing for the challenge winners will take place virtually on Friday, Dec. 10 with Awesome Eagle randomly drawing names for the prizes.
- By participating in Tennessee Tech’s Protect & Respect Student Vaccine Challenge, students are consenting to have their name and prize information shared in university promotions.
Do you have questions about the contest or the COVID-19 vaccine? Email firstname.lastname@example.org