Higher Education - Ph.D.
Degree DetailsDegree: Doctor of Philosophy
Major: Higher Education
Concentration: Higher Education Administration
Department InformationCollege of Graduate Studies
Derryberry Hall 306
The program will provide preparation to be adapted to any post-secondary role with a focus to improve college access, student success, and persistence to completion. Driven by data science, program candidates will apply actionable approaches to face challenges confronting higher education. Graduates will use their data science knowledge and skills to guide colleges and universities, state higher education agencies, foundations, and related associations.
Students seeking admission to the Higher Education Ph.D. program are required to have:
- Degree: a Master’s degree from an accredited institution
- GPA: at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Professional Curriculum Vitae (CV) / Resume
- Letters of Recommendation: Two letters of recommendation that speak to the individual’s scholarly aptitude and capability, particularly with respect to graduate-level work
- Statement of Intent: that speak to the individual’s scholarly aptitude and capability, particularly with respect to graduate-level work
- Academic Writing Sample: a sample that demonstrates excellent scholarly writing ability (applicant must be sole author)
- Interview: must interview at the discretion of the Higher Education Ph.D. application review committee.
International students are required to demonstrate competency in spoken and written English by taking appropriate standardized tests. See accepted standardized tests and minimum required scores »