Service Learning Center
Service Learning Guidelines for Students
Course Related Service
- You must select a non-profit agency.
- You must work the required number of hours.
- Each time you do your service learning hours, you should sign in with a time log to your agency and have it signed by the director/coordinator.
- At the end of your service learning experience, we recommend you will have the director/coordinator complete an evaluation form.
- We recommend that you write a paper or keep a journal. This requires students to reflect on their service learning experience as it relates to specific aspects of the course.
Non-Course Related Service
The Service Center can accommodate your needs and interests concerning service to the community. Check out our list of community partners below:
Active Service Projects
A list of active community service projects is available on the Volunteer Opportunities page. We are currently recruiting volunteers for various projects, please contact the Service Center and sign up to participate or follow directions under each project.
Acknowledgement, Indemnification & Consent Forms
Choose the Acknowledgement, Indemnification and Consent to Medical Treatment form below that best fits the service you have chosen to do. Turn the form in to your instructor (or community service facilitator) BEFORE you begin your service. Discuss with your instructor or service facilitator if you have any issues with the service project or the form.
Note: Service hours completed BEFORE a form is turned in may not be acknowledged.