First Things First
Studying abroad is an exciting time when you will be trying new things and having new experiences. We want those experiences to be safe, healthy, and happy for you and your fellow students. You will soon be entering into a new learning community and environment. Please think about how you will contribute to your learning and host communities. Study abroad is as much about what you bring to a new place as what you get out of it.
You have the distinguished honor of being an ambassador for Tennessee Tech University. Please take this responsibility seriously so that future generations of TN Tech students can also be welcomed into these host communities.
Time to start preparing to depart by completing TN Tech Study Abroad pre-departure requirements. Get these administrative tasks out of the way so that you can focus on getting ready for your time abroad.
Complete the following items as soon as possible:
- Update the Emergency Contact and Medical info on your application (if necessary).
- You must register and confirm your schedule for the appropriate class and pay any associated tuition and fees.
- Submit your passport information to your Faculty Leader. Make sure that it is valid for 6 months after your return.
- Review the online orientation materials on the left browser (psst...you are doing that right now) and pass the Pre-departure Orientation Assessment.
- Emergency Wallet Cards will be made for each student and will be distributed by the Faculty Leader.
The TN Tech Study Abroad Office is committed to making international education accessible to students of all abilities. We work closely with our partners in the Accessible Education Center (AEC) to provide reasonable support and accommodation for students studying abroad. If you will need a disability accommodation, you must contact AEC at least 12 weeks in advance of your program to make the request. This allows our offices enough time to assess the accommodation and make necessary arrangements. To reach the AEC, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please go to the next link on the left browser (Finances)