2021 Summer Classes Abroad
- Doctors in Italy (TBD)
A unique international experience that will enrich you as a person, making memories that will last a lifetime. A chance to experience a different healthcare model, and to prove to yourself that you really want to be a doctor.
- France- Cross Cultural Management (Updated)
- France- Sustainable Business (Updated)
- France-Doing Business in Europe (Updated)
- France-Al Business Summer School (Updated)
- France-Language and Culture (Updated)
Dijon, France- CIEF-Centre International d'Etudes Françaises
Various dates ranging from 2-8weeks (3-12 credits)
Cost range: $953-$2542 (includes tuition, housing) excursions are organized by the school also.
Intensive summer french language classes. Beginners are welcome. For more information, please see this WEBSITE.
- Germany- International Trade and Management (TBD)
International Summer School- Berlin and Schmalkalden, Germany
June 8-20, 2020
Students and faculty from more than 20 countries; topics such as innovation management, culture, international trade, intercultural communication, and more. One week in Berlin and one week in Schmalkalden. 3 credit hours.
For more information go to MAGELLAN EXCHANGE
- German Language and Culture (TBD)
German Language and Culture- Schmalkalden, Germany
July 13-25, 2020
Combines intensive German courses, cultural topics, and recreational activities so that students can get to know life and culture in Germany. 3 credit hours.
For more information go to MAGELLAN EXCHANGE
- Germany-Engineering for Sustainability (Updated)
July 5-August 6, 2021
You can choose from a variety of engineering and economics courses taught completely in English with courses in automotive, industrial, electrical engineering and entrepreneurship as well as a German language and culture class. (FLYER)
- Germany-Robotics Operating System (ROS) (Updated)
Last 2 weeks in August (2 credits)
Note: TTU classes start early this year on August 19th this year so this program will overlap.
After some introductory courses, the program transitions into the main tasks of mobile robotics (i.e., perception, localization, navigation). The program culminates with a competition between participant teams. Perfect for Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Eng. & Technology majors.
- Greece-Summer in Athens (Updated)
Session 1- June 7-25, 2021(Course offerings)
Session 2- July 5-23, 2021(Course offerings)
Cost: $3050 (includes, tuition up to 6 hours, housing, student services, airport pickup)
This experiential learning course is offered intensively over the span of one week prior to the start of each summer term. The course takes students on a journey across the country for a series of interactive excursions exploring the history of Greece through day hikes, walking tours, and guided visits to regional museums, historical sites, and famous monuments (6 cities and 2 islands).
Cost: $1800 (includes tuition for 3 credits, ground transportation, entrance tickets, housing)
Deadline to apply: April 30th
- Italy- Ancient Studies, Anthropology and History (Updated)
Ancient Studies, Anthropology, History
1st session-June 2021 or 2nd session July 2021
- From: $ 3,975 ( 3 credits) or $ 4,975 ( 6 credits) or (6 credits Super Intensive Italian )
- From: $ 3,575 ( 3 credits) or $ 4,575 ( 6 credits) or (6 credits Super Intensive Italian )
- Japan- Japanese Pop Culture (TBD)
This course (taught in English) overviews the birth, the present and the future prospects for Japanese pop culture. It focuses in particular on those elements of Japanese pop culture that have had a substantial influence globally: manga, anime, computer games, and the character creation business.
- Japan-East Asian Studies (Offered Online only)
The program participants directly experience many aspects of not only Japan but also East Asian culture and society and witness the myriad of ways in which the cultures of the world are reflected in the maze-like urban landscape of Tokyo.
Please see website for course dates, options and prices.
- Netherlands-Variety of classes (Updated)
Psychology, Sociology, Business, Biology, International Relations, Language and Culture
- South Korea-Culture and Business (TBD)
Session 1 of CAU Summer includes 6 credits-3 from Business or Korean language classes and 3 from Korean Culture classes taught in English. Also includes multiple cultural activities and field trips. Session 2 includes 6 credits- 3 Korean language, and 3 of Korean culture.
Session 1- $ 1878
Session 2- $ 1580
- South Korea-Korean Language and Culture (TBD)
UIP is an international summer program designed for students who want to learn Korean culture, history, society, business as well as Korean language. The program consists of a broad knowledge of classes and excursions. Participants visit a wide variety of historical and cultural sites around Ulsan and other cities in Korea.
Cost: $1700 tuition, housing and field trips
- Spain-Spanish Language and Culture (Updated)
May 17-June 11, 2021
Spanish Language and Culture Course: Designed for students who have an intermediate knowledge of Spanish* and who wish to improve their language competence, as well as gain insight into Spanish culture.
Cost: $1400. tuition, books, cultural visits, access to library, gym and computers. (FLYER)
- Spain- Marketing & Business Analytics (Updated)
May 24-June 18, 2021
Two summer classes are taught in English:
- Digital Marketing and Digital Business
- Innovation of the 4IR in a Globalized World- Business Analytics and Big Data
Cost $1800. tuition, access to university services, cultural visits to the Prado Museum and the "Madrid de los Austrias y de los Borbones," technical visits to companies, public and private institutions and entities. (FLYER)
- ISA- International Studies Abroad- Variety of classes (Updated)
Offers a variety of summer courses in all majors
- ISEP- Variety of classes (Updated)
- KEI Abroad- Variety of classes (Updated)
Ecuador, London, France, Italy, Peru, Spain with a variety of courses and internships available
- NRCSA-Immersion Language Programs (Updated)
(inexpensive and flexible dates)- Language studies. Programs in over 43 countries. (Top choice by Tennessee Tech students)