Expand your educational and professional horizons by getting involved in any of our engagement opportunities offered by the TTU College of Business Finance Program. The Finance program along with the rest of the College of Business maintains and supports student clubs and organizations, annual events and conferences, and program-specific student collaborations and experiential learning opportunities to further elevate our rich education experience. Getting involved does not only open doors for future employment and professional growth, but it also makes for a more memorable and valuable university experience.
Society for the Advancement of Finance and Economics (SAFE)
The Society for the Advancement of Finance and Economics (SAFE) is a professional network that is primarily dedicated to research in various fields of finance. SAFE promotes the development and enhancement of financial and economic research by supporting multiple research projects, recognizing significant research contributions, and creating a platform for research and idea exchanges. The society also helps coordinate the internship program and provides tutoring services to students in finance and economics related courses. SAFE is open to all students interested in a finance or economics major. SAFE at TTU offers students:
- Professional Development
- Speakers on Various Topics Relating to Economics and Finance
- Bloomberg Training
- Off-Campus Trips to Meet Professionals in the Field
TVA Investment Challenge
The TVA Investment Challenge provides hands-on applications of advanced portfolio concepts through the management of a real investment portfolio. Students implement trading strategies, place trades, provide performance reports, and adhere to similar standards as professional money managers while acting as fund managers for the Tennessee Valley Authority. The primary objective of the TVA Investment Challenge is for students to manage an investment portfolio to maximize long-run capital growth subject to relevant risk factors and investment restrictions. Students will perform each of the following tasks:
- Research and evaluate prospective stock investments using ratios, financial statements, and relevant information about the firms and financial sectors.
- Integrate firm, sector, and macroeconomic data to assess the investment environment. Specifically, students will utilize and improve individual knowledge of fundamental firm analysis to select firms with long-term growth potential.
- Effectively communicate the investment process and portfolio performance in a variety of formats.
Banking Advisory Board
The College of Business is committed to providing professional opportunities outside the classroom so students can experience various aspects of the business world to strengthen their business skills and enhance their individual career readiness. Working with our banking partner, American Bank & Trust of the Cumberlands, business students will observe and experience the inner workings of the banking industry from the executive viewpoint and observe how banks serve and support their communities. Qualifications include:
- Must be a COB student
- Must be junior or senior at the time of application
- Must plan to be an enrolled student during upcoming semester
- Must be in Good Standing academically (not currently on Academic Warning or Academic Probation)
- Must never have been convicted of a felony
College of Business Student Ambassadors
COB Student Ambassadors are students from all business majors whose activities include assisting at college and university functions; recruiting new students through visits and correspondence; and promoting college spirit through events like Business Foundations meetings, Homecoming activities, etc.
Ambassadors can be any classification with a preferred 3.0 GPA. New Ambassadors are selected each fall semester by an application and interview process. If you are interested in joining our team, please visit the Professional Readiness and Leadership page for more information!
Learn More About Our Finance Program About Us Degree Information Top Careers
Learn More About Our Finance Program