Issues Accessing Media
Having issues access videos in your classes?
Getting "Access Denied" or "blocking 3rd party sessions" errors?
To resolve this issue, please update your settings to allow 3rd party cookies. Depending on the browser you are using, the steps are different. Please see the information below for the different browsers.
Using Safari | iPhone/iPad | Chrome | Microsoft Edge | Firefox
Using a Mac with Safari
- Use another browser (Chrome, Firefox, Opera...)
- Change your Safari Preferences
- Go to the Safari menu and select Preferences - Privacy.
- Make sure the option under Website tracking for Prevent cross-site tracking is is unchecked.
- Go to your course and click the Media Gallery or My Media link under Media.
- Once you do this, it should allow the cookie and then you can go back and put your setting back to Allow from websites I visit (or other setting you prefer).
View more information about enabling 3rd party cookies in Safari.
Using a Phone or iPad
If you are using iOS 13.6 on a mobile device (phone or iPad) you will need to disable Prevent cross-site tracking which is found in the Safari Settings.
You can also get this message in Chrome if it has been specifically set to block third-party cookies previously. Follow the below steps for Chrome:
- Go to Settings in the 3 dot menu.
- Go down to the bottom and expand the Advanced section
- Select Content Settings
- Select Cookies
- Toggle off Block third-party cookies.
If you are using iOS 12 that setting is not available in Chrome so you will need to disable “Prevent cross-site tracking” in the Safari settings and use Safari to access the Media tools.
View more information about enabling 3rd party cookies for mobile Safari.
- Select the three dot icon in the upper right.
- Select Settings
- Choose the Privacy and security link
- Choose Cookies and other site data
- Select Allow all cookies
View more information about enabling 3rd party cookies for Chrome.
Using Microsoft Edge
- Select the ... in the upper right.
- Select Settings
- Select Privacy and security
- Choose Basic
View more information about enabling 3rd party cookies for Microsoft Edge.
- Select the 3 lines icon in the upper right.
- Choose Options
- Select the Privacy & Security link
- Choose the Standard option under Browser Privacy.
View more information about enabling 3rd party cookies for Firefox.