Mental Health Emergencies
Are you experiencing a Mental Health Emergency?
A Mental Health Emergency is defined as an acute clinical situation in which there is imminent risk of psychological or physical harm to self or others. If a student is in imminent risk:
If you or another member of the campus community is experiencing a mental health crisis, please contact our office by phone before coming to the Counseling Center. A counselor will be available to provide a phone/virtual assessment to help provide the most efficient and appropriate course of action to ensure safety and continuity of care.
- Contact the TN Tech Counseling Center: 931-372-3331 (When the office is closed, contact the Eagle Eye After Hours Crisis Hotline: 855-206-8997 or 931-372-3331.)
- Come to the TN Tech Counseling Center in RUC 307 or
- ON CAMPUS: Call the University Police at 931-372-3234
- OFF CAMPUS: Contact Local Law Enforcement at 911
- Or you may always go directly to the nearest emergency room (Cookeville Regional ER is located just south of the University at Cedar and 4th Street.)
You may also:
- Contact the RA on duty or
- Call Volunteer Mobile Crisis: 800-704-2651 or
- Go to the Walk-In Center: 1200 S. Willow Ave * Cookeville, TN 38506
Additional Resources for Suicide Prevention:
- Text "TN" to 741741 to text with a crisis counselor
- Chat online at crisischat.org
- Call the Tennessee Mental Health & Substance Use Crisis Line: 1-855-CRISIS-1
- Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK
- For Veteran's Crisis Line: Press [ 1 ]
- Call the Trans Lifeline: 1-877-565-8860
TN Tech Eagle Eye After Hours Crisis Line 855-206-8997
The TN Tech Counseling Center is pleased to provide TN Tech Eagle Eye After Hours Crisis Hot Line. This hotline is free, confidential and available to TN Tech students. Students can access this hotline weekdays after 4:30 and on weekends and holidays. The hotline is accessible at 931-372-3331 or 855-206-8997.
In cases of a potential medical emergency, please contact the TN Tech police at 931-650-4425 or 911.
As always, the TN Tech Counseling Center is available during regular business hours to assist you. For more information, please contact the TN Tech Counseling Center.