COVID-19 Reporting and Information • HEERF I & II

College of Graduate Studies

Online Forms

Welcome to the source for all College of Graduate Studies forms.

Please complete and email the forms to If the items are sent by email, please note in the Subject line that attachments are included. Also, for the forms to be sent by email, you must have the full Adobe Acrobat program. If you only have the Adobe Acrobat Reader, you will need to print out the form and mail in or fax those documents (or print them out, scan and send by email).

Tennessee Tech University 
College of Graduate Studies 
P.O. Box 5012 
Cookeville, TN 38505 
Fax (931) 372-3497


All students will apply for admission through the student portal.  (Select APPLY NOW to start that process). 

Admission Materials

Letter of Recommendation (Note - This form is not accepted by Ph.D. in Exceptional Learning Program. For that program please use a traditional recommendation letter that includes an assessment of your academic abilities.)

Instructional Leadership Prospective Candidate Form

Experiential Track Supplemental Form -- This form is to be completed for the applicants to the MS Community Health and Nutrition program if they plan to pursue both the MS degree and the Experiential Learning Track.

Graduate Advisor Acceptance Form--to be submitted by applicants in to the MS program in Biology and the Ph.D. program in Environmental Sciences in the concentrations of Geosciences and Integrated Research

Graduate Assistantship Application

International Student Advisor Report --to be completed by international students currently attending another institution in the U.S. 

Student health form - will be required by the Health Services Office prior to registration.

READMISSION:  Students must apply for readmission when a gap occurs in attendance (excludes summer).  If the student is out longer than one semester - student should reapply through the student portal.  If a student is out only one semester - student may complete the readmission form and submit to



 Changes Change of Advisory Committee Request
Change of Major Concentration Request
Application for Reclassification to Full Standing
Concerning Courses Course Validation Form
Graduate Assistant Request for Student Overload
Substitution Form
Request for Graduate Course for Undergraduate or Graduate Credit
New Fast Track Students: Fast Track Program Acceptance + Course Credit Form
Existing Fast-Track Students: Fast Track Course Credit
Transfer of Graduate Credits Application
 Exceptions Graduate Academic Fresh Start
Request for Exception to University Requirement
Exception Request to Walk in Commencement Form (Fall 2021 deadline to submit exception request form November 1, 2021)
Reinstatement Request Form (Submit to DBRY Hall Room 306)
Reinstatement Process Guide (Submit to DBRY Hall Room 306)


All research involving human subjects require approval from the Institutional Review Board for the Protection of Human Subjects.  Click here to go to the webpage for the Office of Research concerning IRB.



Application for Graduation SPRING 2021 (online form)
Application for Graduation SUMMER 2021 (online form)
Application for Graduation FALL 2021 (online form)
Name Pronunciation Instructions
*Certificate earners do not participate in the University commencement ceremony. Certificate students may attend the end of term activities that may be held in their respective College.

In addition to satisfying all degree requirements, a candidate for a degree must file an Application for Graduation at the beginning of the semester in which the degree is expected to be conferred.

The last date for the filing of the application is listed on the College of Graduate Studies calendar.

A graduate student shall be enrolled during the term in which the degree is awarded.

If a student applies for graduation but fails to satisfy graduation requirements, the student must reapply.

ATTENTION SUMMER GRADUATES - There is not a commencement ceremony for those graduating in August. Students who wish to participate will be allowed to return to the University for the December commencement ceremony.


Comprehensive Exit Exam College of Arts & Sciences Exit Comprehensive Exam Form

College of Education & College of Engineering Exit Comprehensive Exam Form
 Ph.D. Exit Survey of Earned Doctorate (Ph.D. only)


Thesis/Dissertation Defense Forms College of Arts & Sciences - Defense Form

College of Education, Engineering, & Interdisciplinary Studies Defense Form.pdf


Request for Release of Records FERPA Permission to Release
FERPA Information Page
 Appointment of Graduate Faculty Graduate Faculty Forms and Information


Guidelines for Course and Curriculum Change Proposals


Master's and Ed.S. Appointment of Advisory Committee Form
Program of Study Worksheet

With the implementation of Degree Works, all programs of study are automatically populated upon admissions.  The forms listed below are for student and advisor use and are no longer required by the College of Graduate Studies. Some forms may be out of date since these are archived as of June 2021.

Questions? Contact us!


Experience Tech For Yourself

Visit us to see what sets us apart.

Schedule Your Visit
Request Information