Before applying for any of the scholarship opportunities below, please read the requirements carefully.
The Honors Academic Scholarship for Out-of-State Students (HAS) Fall 2019 preferred application deadline: February 21.
The HAS is a very selective service-based scholarship that requires 60 hours of service per semester. Only extraordinarily well-qualified candidates who plan to focus on academics should apply for this scholarship. Follow the link above for full information about the HAS.
Students who receive the Honors Academic Scholarship are REQUIRED to participate in the Honors Program Enrichment Option (HPEO).
- The Honors Academic Scholarship (HAS) application form (for out-of-state students only)
- Students will not be considered for this scholarship until they are admitted through the Honors admissions process. See "For Prospective Students" for details about applying to Honors.
The following scholarships are available only to students currently active in the Honors Program at Tennessee Tech:
DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 13, 2019.
Supplementary information may be required for certain scholarship (see links at left). Deadline for supporting materials for these scholarships are posted each spring for the annual award cycle.
- Bush-Essler (for students planning a career in K-12 gifted education)
- Scholarships for Honors upperclassmen students needing additional support in their final year or semester due to exceptional circumstances such as a double major or degree (includes the Thomas Henry Neal Scholarship, College of Arts and Sciences Honors Scholarship, C.K. Hood Arete Scholarship, and the W.K. Hood Scholarship)
- Roettger Research Award (awarded for outstanding research by a currently enrolled Honors student in an Honors Directed Study or Honors Thesis)