How do I get Advised?
As a newly admitted student to Tennessee Tech, you may be required to complete new student orientation as part of your enrollment process for your first semester on campus. Orientation provides new students information about their program of study (including advisement & registration), campus resources, student life, and career development opportunities. Additionally, you will be able to meet other Tech students to learn more about your major and curricular & co-curricular opportunities for students. For more information about orientation and preparing for your first semester on campus, visit the Office of New Student & Family Programs website.
After your first advisement session and during your first semester on campus, you will be assigned an academic advisor. Your academic advisor (either a professional or faculty advisor) will contact you to schedule an advisement appointment once the advisement period begins for the upcoming semester. Current students will use TechConnect to schedule an appointment with their academic advisor unless otherwise instructed by the academic department or their academic advisor. Before you meet with your academic advisor, please review our "Before Advisement Checklist" below.
- How do I find who is my advisor?
- Log into Eagle Online
- Click on the "Student" tab
- Select the "Registration" link
- Choose "Select Term" and pick the current term
- If you do not choose the correct term, you may be unable to find this information.
- Select "View Banner ID#, Registration Times, Advisor, etc" link and it will provide you with your academic advisor's name.
- Before Advisement Checklist