In August 2017, Tennessee Tech embarked on the creation of a new strategic plan, one that would recognize the unique strengths of the university and position the university for future growth.
Co-chaired by two college deans, the strategic planning committee, with the assistance of an outside consultant group, developed the Tech Tomorrow plan over the course of the 2017-2018 academic year.
During this time, the committee met with more than 1,000 people including students, alumni, faculty, staff, members of the Board of Trustees, and external constituencies (such as community partners, business leaders, government officials and public school representatives).
The Tennessee Tech Board of Trustees received updates on the process throughout the year, with the plan coming before the board for final approval on June 26, 2018.
Past Working Group Faculty Leaders
- Ed Lisic — Education for Life (2018-2021)
- Jason Beach — Innovation in All We Do (2018-2021)
- Ann Davis — Exceptional Stewardship (2018-2021)
- Bedelia Russell — Engagement for Impact (2018-2021)
Original Strategic Planning Committee
(title at time of 2018 committee work; asterisk denotes no longer with university)
- Tom Payne (co-chair) — Dean, College of Business
- Lisa Zagumny (co-chair) — Dean, College of Education
- Mark Melichar — Assistance Professor of Economics
- Jeff Boles — Chair, Department of Chemistry
- Jason Beach — Associate Professor of Curriculum & Instruction
- Jerry Gannod— Chair, Department of Computer Science
- Claire Stinson— Vice President for Planning & Finance
- Dennis Fennewald— Assistant Professor of Agriculture
- Barbara Jared — Assistant Professor of Nursing
- Steven Anton — Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering
- Steven Frye — Associate Professor of Interdisciplinary Studies
- Allison Davis — Assistant Director of Communications & Marketing *
- Glenn James — Director of Institutional Research *
- Karen Lykins (Project Manager/Staff Support) — Chief Communication Officer
- Shubhada Mahajan (IR Staff Support) — Analyst, Institutional Research
- Denise Colwell (Administrative Assistant Staff Support) — Administrative Assistant, Communications & Marketing