Master of Accountancy (MAcc)
Tennessee Tech’s AACSB-accredited Master of Accountancy (MAcc) program maintains an admission process that considers applicants’ total academic and work-life achievements.
No GMAT or GRE test score is required to apply.
Applicants must have an undergraduate degree in business with a major in Accounting (or the equivalent) from an accredited school or university, or be in their final semester of undergraduate coursework. Accounting major equivalency can be achieved by presenting evidence of successful completion of two courses in Intermediate Financial Accounting and one course each in Cost Accounting, Taxation, and Auditing.
While it is not required, it is helpful if students have successfully completed at least one undergraduate course in business or accounting analytics.
Visit the online application portal here, create an account, complete the application, and upload the following required documents:
- A current resume. Make sure your resume contains dates for all work experience and degrees received.
- Official transcripts from all institutions where you took classes or received a degree. You may provide copies of transcripts to speed the application process, but official transcripts will be needed to finalize admission.
Factors that may be considered in the admission decision are:
- Undergraduate GPA*
- Professional or Accounting Work Experience or Internships
- Other Graduate Degrees and Relevant Achievements
- Significant leadership roles
* Although not required, a strong score on the GMAT can be a positive factor in an admission decision for students with a GPA that is below our average GPA. We recommend that you consider preparing for and taking the GMAT if your undergraduate GPA is below 3.0. GMAT information is available here.
Annually, the MAcc seeks to fill a cohort of 25-30 students each Fall term. Admission can be competitive. We advise you to submit your completed application and all required documentation as early as possible. We begin reviewing applications on January 31 each year. Visit the Graduate Admissions Calendar for a complete list of application deadlines
College of Business Graduate Office
Phone: (931) 372-3600
Additional information for international student applications can be found on the Office of Graduate Studies' How to Apply page, under the "International Students" section.
Quick Fact: GPA
Recently admitted students have an average undergraduate Accounting GPA ranging from 3.2 to 4.0.
Quick Fact: Work Experience
100% of MAcc Graduates have been employed at the time of graduation.