NIST “Preventing Eavesdropping and Protecting Privacy on Virtual Meetings” - https://www.nist.gov/blogs/cybersecurity-insights/preventing-eavesdropping-and-protecting-privacy-virtual-meetings
Cybersecurity Education, Research, and Outreach Center
Remote Work Tips & Tricks
- Common Sense Stuff
Common Sense STUFF
1. UPDATE - Make sure that the computer you use has been updated with the latest software updates, as approved by your company including operating system and Internet security software.
2. WORK COMPUTER - If you have a work-assigned computer, follow the basic rule… work on work computer, play on home computer.
3. UPDATE ROUTER - Make sure that your home Internet router has been updated to latest software version.
4. VIRTUAL PRIVATE NETWORK - If your company provides a VPN solution, make sure to use it during your company-connected time. If you are a company, purchase a VPN solution for your remote workers! Companies can find additional guidance from CISA’s “Enterprise VPN Security” article at https://www.us-cert.gov/ncas/alerts/aa20-073a.
5. PASSWORDS - Use quality passwords. For more information about good passwords, see CISA’s “Choosing and Protecting Passwords” article at https://www.us-cert.gov/ncas/tips/ST04-002.
- Video Teleconferencing (VTC)
Video Teleconferencing (VCT) Info
Zoom Customers -https://blog.zoom.us/wordpress/2020/04/01/a-message-to-our-users/
- General Security Guides
General Security Guides
- FBI Public Service Announcement regarding telework and virtual environments - https://www.ic3.gov/media/2020/200401.aspx
- Guidance for Microsoft 365 organizations and school districts - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/security/top-security-tasks-for-remote-work?view=o365-worldwide
- Guidance for Google Apps organizations and school districts - https://support.google.com/a/users/answer/9283051
- Other links of interest
Other Links of Interest
- National Cyber Security Alliance (StaySafeOnline.Org) – COVID-19 Security Resource Library - https://staysafeonline.org/covid-19-security-resource-library/