Qualtrics Insight Platform
Qualtrics is a powerful and multifaceted on-line data collection/survey tool.
TTU has purchased an institutional license for the Qualtrics Insight Platform. It is available to all currentTennessee Tech faculty, staff, and students (with sponsorship).
CREATING/ACCESSING YOUR QUALTRICS ACCOUNT
New to Qualtrics? Sign up now!
- To create a new account throughTennessee Tech, simply visit tntech.qualtrics.com and register using yourTennessee Tech account credentials. It takes less than one
minute for your account to be fully functional. If you currently have an existing
account and want the information moved, please see above.
STUDENTS must complete the online account request form before creating their new account.
Have an existing account with Qualtrics?
- Have an existing account elsewhere that you need access to? Would you like to migrate your current account projects to theTennessee Tech license? Please submit a ticket with Qualtrics to have your course migrated. This process can take up to two weeks.
- Instructions for submitting your Qualtrics support ticket
- Scroll to the bottom and select I need to file a support ticket
- Choose Email
- Enter the contact information (using your current Qualtrics username)
- For Subject type Account migration to tntech brand
- Choose Technical Question/Issue and Survey Platform
- Under Detailed Description of Issue - copy and paste the following
- We need to move my user to the 'tntech' brand. tntech is the new university wide brand here at Tennessee Tech University.
- Click SUBMIT
- Please DO NOT sign in to theTennessee Tech Qualtrics site until after this process has been completed. Once the process is completed, you will be notified and access the site through tntech.qualtrics.com using yourTennessee Tech account credentials and choose I have already have a Qualtrics account. You will login with your previous credentials and link the two accounts. Then... you are ready to continue using Qualtrics.
Student Account Requests
- STUDENT Qualtrics account requests - please complete this form to get approval for an account.
- Once you have the approval, you will receive an email letting you know you can create your new account.
- If you already have an existing account, you will need to complete the form first and then submit a ticket with Qualtrics to have your existing account migrated to theTennessee Tech license.
TRAINING & SUPPORT FOR QUALTRICS
If you like to explore the many uses of Qualtrics, including research, teaching and learning, feedback, registration, and much more, you can access the following self-help options.
- Qualtrics Five Step Program (video tutorial, takes 1-2 hours to complete)
- Qualtrics Weekly Webinars (join live or watch recorded sessions on a variety of topics related to beginning,
advanced, and specialized uses of the tool.
- Qualtrics support library (includes articles, tips, troubleshooting menus, and more)
If you are planning to use Qualtrics for survey-based research, the Office of Research provides administrative support, information, and oversight to ensure compliance with Human Subjects Research laws and guidelines. This includes Institutional Review Board (IRB) for research involving human subjects and the Responsible Conduct in Research (RCR) for the research process.Tennessee Tech uses the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) services for training in these areas. For more information, please visit their web page under the heading “human subjects research”.
If you have students who would like to use Qualtrics, they will not be able to use the single-sign-on process described above to create new accounts. Please have interested students complete this request form to get approval for an account. Students will need to confirm a faculty sponsor prior to being able to send out live surveys.
Technical questions about your Qualtrics account?
Please contact the Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning at email@example.com or call x3675.
Questions about policies and procedures for conducting survey research?
Please contact Mark Lynam in the Office of Research at firstname.lastname@example.org.