Common Issues with Lockdown Browser & Monitor
Microphone and Webcam issues
- No audio is coming from my microphone
- We are unable to detect a microphone working with your computer
- Cannot detect or configure the webcam
- Spinning wheel during webcam check
- Webcam blocked
- Mac: Webcam not detected
- MacOS 10.14.x (and newer) Camera and microphone permissions
- My webcam image is upside down
Other possible errors:
- “There is a problem with the settings for the exam”
- “Unable to store Institution ID to the registry, installation will not work correctly”
- You must install the software from the TnTech iLearn link within the Quiz tool. If you cannot access a quiz that has this enabled, please contact your instructor to have them setup a fake quiz with Lockdown Browser (and Monitor, if being used) enabled.
- "Error sending exam start notification, unable to continue with exam."
- “You must close the following program before starting the browser…”
- Are Chromebooks compatible with Lockdown Browser
- Can an iPad be used to take a Lockdown Browser exam? (instructions for students)
- I am having trouble downloading Respondus Lockdown Browser (Windows)
- Lockdown Browser froze during a test and I cannot exit.
- My screen is zoomed in and I can't see the test questions.
- When a student has two displays (or a laptop screen + monitor) and the scaling setting is different this may happen. For example the laptop is at 125% and the monitor is 100%. If that's the cause then the student can either set both to the same scaling, or unplug the second monitor before starting the exam.