WHAT IS RESPONDUS LOCKDOWN BROWSER?
Respondus LockDown Browser™ is a customized browser that increases the security of test delivery in iLearn at Tennessee Tech. Please check the system requirements for running the Lockdown Browser.
When you are required to use RLB in a course through iLearn, you will be prompted in the quiz/exam to open the Lockdown Browser at that time. You do not need to download anything ahead of time.
Students who are taking courses at more than one university will have to download the specific version from each university. For Windows, you can have multiple institution installs. For Mac, you will have to install it each time you switch to a different university version.
FACULTY REMINDER: Using Respondus Lockdown Browser in iLearn?
Do not forget if you are using Respondus Lockdown Browser that you must enter the Lockdown Browser Dashboard at least once every semester. You can find the Lockdown Browser Dashboard in the Quiz tool. After entering the Quiz tool click on LockDown Browser at the top of the page. That is it!
If it is the first time you have entered the Dashboard you should get a success message and you are done. Make sure you do this at least once before your upcoming quiz to avoid any issues.
Please note that faculty only need to download the full version of Respondus 4.0 while on campus.
What is Respondus?
"Respondus is a powerful tool for creating and managing exams that can be printed to paper or published directly to" iLearn (Desire2Learn). "Exams are created offline in a familiar Windows environment and the software provides many time-saving tools, such as the ability to import existing exams from word processor files." - www.respondus.com
- Version 4.0 (faculty only and restricted to on campus downloads only)
- Double-click on the file to unzip it and start the installer. Accept the defaults during installation.
- To be sure you have the most current version, from the menu, select Help > Check for Update.
The license code changes every August. Login to get the latest license code.
Resources for Respondus
- Respondus Quick Start Guide - version 4.0 (Brightspace)
- Video Resources for Respondus - version 4.0
- Instructor Webinars
- User Guide for iLearn - version 4.0 (Word)
- Check online to see if your textbook has test banks you can download in the Respondus Test Bank Network.