Students have access to Respondus LockDown Browser through iLearn. Your instructor will create a Quiz that requires LockDown Browser.
NOTE: If you are a student, you DO NOT need to download Respondus until you are inside iLearn. The quiz/test will prompt you. Here is a step-by-step guide.
- Using a Chromebook?
Installing the Chromebook Extension
To install the new extension to a personal Chromebook, students will need to use the regular LockDown Browser installation link for your school (they will NOT be able to search for the app directly from the Chrome web store.)
The LockDown Browser installation link will direct students to the Chrome web store, at which point they should select “Add to Chrome” to install the LockDown Browser Extension.
Known issues with LockDown Browser for Chromebook:
- (Brightspace) Pop-ups need to be enabled in Chrome for the server otherwise the student gets stuck on the "Start Quiz" page. Please refer to this article.
Features not currently supported on Chromebooks:
- Quiz passwords (specified via the "optional password" field in the LockDown Browser Dashboard) aren’t currently supported for exams that use only LockDown Browser. For exams requiring Respondus Monitor, the optional password field is supported.
- LockDown Browser’s Calculator and Spreadsheet features aren’t currently supported
- The extended keyboard functions (for adding symbols and special characters) isn’t currently available
- LockDown Browser’s “Help Center” is currently unavailable, and there is no Live Chat support for students taking exams that require Respondus Monitor.
- "Allow access to specific external web domains" option is currently not supported
- Using an iPad?
If you are using an iPad to take a quiz through iLearn that has Respondus Lockdown Browser enabled, please make sure your instructor knows. They will have to enable a setting for an iPad to work.
To install the Lockdown Browser on your iPad, you will need to download the app and connect it to Tennessee Technological University (server iLearn - https://elearn.tntech.edu).
- Windows: 10, 8, 7. Details
- Mac: MacOS 10.12 or higher.
- iOS: 11.0+ (iPad only). Must have a compatible LMS integration. Details
At Tennessee Tech University, we believe that all students should have equal technology opportunities in the classroom. The following list includes technologies that may appear in Tennessee Tech courses and the accessibility information for each of those technologies.
Please contact the Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning at firstname.lastname@example.org or call x3675.