Respondus Test Creator
Please note that only faculty need to download the full version of Respondus 4.0 while on campus or using the VPN
from off campus. This is NOT LOCKDOWN BROWSER.
- Version 4.0 (faculty only and restricted to on campus downloads only, you must VPN
from off-campus to download)
Double-click on the file to unzip it and start the installer. Accept the defaults during installation.
To be sure you have the most current version, from the menu, select Help > Check for Update.
The license code updates every August. Login to get the latest license code.
You will need to do this when you first setup the software. You will be prompted to create this connection either when you attempt to Publish a quiz to your course or Retrieve questions from a course. Once you create this connection, you will not have to do this again.
- Select either the Retrieval tab or if you already have a file open, select Preview + Publish, then Publish, then Publish Wizard.
- Choose add new server from the drop-down.
- Choose Yes, check for preconfigured server settings, click Next
- Enter a name to call it (Ex: TN Tech iLearn) and select Next.
- Select the checkbox that says Save my Username and Password on this computer. This will allow you to remain logged in and continue exporting questions from different
quizzes or question library sections without having to log back in. Do not do this
on a shared machine.
The steps above are only done once. After that, you will just select iLearn (or whatever you call this connection) from the Brightspace server list in Respondus.
Respondus Test Creator Instructor Resources
Please contact the Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 931-372-3675.