Respondus Test Creator
Please note that only faculty need to download the full version of Respondus 4.0 while on campus or using the VPN
from off campus. This is NOT LOCKDOWN BROWSER.
- Version 4.0 (faculty only and restricted to on campus downloads only, you must VPN
from off-campus to download)
Double-click on the file to unzip it and start the installer. Accept the defaults during installation.
To be sure you have the most current version, from the menu, select Help > Check for Update.
The license code updates every August. Login to get the latest license code.
Creating a Quiz in Word:
- View the Respondus Standard Import Formats for types of questions.
- Download a Sample Word file with Quiz Question Formats.
- View the video about importing the question file and publishing to iLearn.
Using a Test Bank through the Test Bank Network:
- Publisher test banks made easier.
- Watch the video about finding and linking to a Test Bank.
- Once you create or import the questions/quizzes you would like for your course, you can publish the information directly to your course.
If you just want to push the questions to the Question Library, do not worry about the settings. In the publish process you will choose to publish to the Question Library only.
If you setup the quiz in Respondus, you can publish the entire quiz with settings, make sure to add the settings and dates or it will publish as an active quiz.
Steps to Publish your Respondus Quiz:
- Select the Preview + Publish at the top.
- Select Publish to the left
- Click Publish Wizard
- Choose add new server from the drop-down
- Choose Yes, check for preconfigured server settings, click Next
- Enter a name to call it (Ex: TTU iLearn) and select Next. Steps 4-6 are only done once. After that, you will just select iLearn (or whatever you call it) from the list.
- It will open the TnTech IDme portal to login.
- Make sure to choose the course from the drop-down at the top. If you are not sure which one it is, look for the numbers at the end. These numbers are the CRN Semester Code.
- Examples: 12345.202010 - for Spring 2020, or 51234.202050 - for summer 2020, or 81234.202080 - for Fall 2020)
- Select whether you want to create a Quiz, Survey or just a Question Library folder.
- Give the item a name that corresponds to the appropriate information.
- Click Next
- Click Finish
Respondus Test Creator Instructor Resources
Please contact the Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 931-372-3675.