Looking for information about the different Respondus software? Select a link below.
- Respondus Lockdown Browser
Respondus Lockdown Browser
Respondus LockDown Browser™ is a customized browser that increases the security of test delivery in iLearn at Tennessee Tech. Please check the system requirements for running the Lockdown Browser.
When you are required to use RLB in a course through iLearn, you will be prompted in the quiz/exam to open the Lockdown Browser at that time. You cannot download anything ahead of time unless the instructor has enabled a fake quiz to do so.
Students who are taking courses at more than one university will have to download the specific version from each university. For Windows, you can have multiple institution installs. For Mac, you will have to install it each time you switch to a different university version.
Lockdown Browser Resources
- An overview for students (2 min video)
- Student Quick Guide (PDF)
- If you are a student, you DO NOT need to download Respondus until you are inside iLearn. The quiz/test will promt you.
- Respondus Monitor
Respondus Monitor builds upon the power of LockDown Browser®, and uses a student's webcam and industry-leading video analytics to prevent cheating during non-proctored exams. It's the most cost-effective, scalable, and student-friendly system for online proctoring.
This is a student paid service that costs $15 per student per year. This covers all courses and quizzes you take during that year that have Respondus Monitor enabled.
Respondus Monitor Resources
FACULTY REMINDER: Using Respondus Lockdown Browser in iLearn?
Do not forget if you are using Respondus Lockdown Browser that you must enter the Lockdown Browser Dashboard at least once every semester. You can find the Lockdown Browser Dashboard in the Quiz tool. After entering the Quiz tool click on LockDown Browser at the top of the page. That is it!
If it is the first time you have entered the Dashboard you should get a success message and you are done. Make sure you do this at least once before your upcoming quiz to avoid any issues.
Please note that faculty only need to download the full version of Respondus 4.0 while on campus or using the VPN from off campus. This is NOT LOCKDOWN BROWSER.
"Respondus is a powerful tool for creating and managing exams that can be printed to paper or published directly to" iLearn (Desire2Learn). "Exams are created offline in a familiar Windows environment and the software provides many time-saving tools, such as the ability to import existing exams from word processor files." - www.respondus.com
This software is only available on Windows machines.
This link is for FACULTY ONLY. Students DO NOT need to download Responduse here. If you are a student please refer to the "Students" section above.
- Version 4.0 (faculty only and restricted to on campus downloads only, you must VPN from off-campus to download)
- Double-click on the file to unzip it and start the installer. Accept the defaults during installation.
- To be sure you have the most current version, from the menu, select Help > Check for Update.
The license code updates every August. Login to get the latest license code.
- Publish Questions/Quizzes to D2L (iLearn)
Publish Questions/Quizzes to D2L (iLearn)
- View the Respondus Standard Import Formats for types of questions.
- Download a Sample Word file with Quiz Question Formats.
- View the video about importing the question file and publishing to iLearn.
Once you create or import the questions/quizzes you would like for your course, you can publish the information directly to your course.
- Select the Preview + Publish at the top.
- Select Publish to the left
- Click Publish Wizard
- Choose add new server from the drop-down
- Choose Yes, check for preconfigured server settings, click Next
- Enter a name to call it (Ex: TTU iLearn) and select Next.
- It will open the TnTech IDme portal to login.
- Next, make sure to choose the course and select whether you want to create a Quiz, Survey or just a Question Library folder.
Resources for Respondus
- Respondus Quick Start Guide - version 4.0 (Brightspace)
- Video Resources for Respondus - version 4.0
- Instructor Webinars
- User Guide for iLearn - version 4.0 (Word)
- Check online to see if your textbook has test banks you can download in the Respondus Test Bank Network.