Program Objectives & Student Outcomes
The Undergraduate Programs are guided by a set of objectives and outcomes which have been developed in consultation with students, faculty, alumni, and employers.
Program Educational Objectives
Program Educational Objectives describe the overall career and professional accomplishments that the program is preparing graduates to achieve.
The Program Educational Objectives of TTU BSEE and BSCmpE programs are as follows.
Within a few years following graduation, our graduates will have:
- progressed in their careers as indicated by promotions, positions of leadership, awards, recognitions, entrepreneurial activities, products or processes developed, patents, and/or publications;
- advanced their knowledge and expertise as indicated by continuing education, advanced degrees, and/or professional registration;
- contributed to the profession and society as indicated by research, national and international collaboration, professional service, community service, and/or public service.
Student Outcomes describe what students are expected to know and be able to do by the time of graduation.
TTU BSEE and BSCmpE graduates will be able to demonstrate that they have:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics;
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors;
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences;
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts;
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives;
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions;
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
(Program Educational Objectives revised Jan. 2020; Student Outcomes revised Apr. 2018.)
Enrollment and graduation data are available here.