Home of Innovation & Entrepreneurship at Tennessee Tech. For the problem-solvers, makers, innovators, leaders, thinkers, world-changers.
How to Sell Yourself in 90 Seconds!
Do you get nervous when you have to make presentations? Are you never sure how to start? Do you just want to improve the skills you have? This workshop will help you prepare for the Idea Challenge on Nov. 11, and teach skills that will be useful in class and career! Being able to give a short elevator pitch about yourself or your idea could make a difference in your future!
This Eagle Works workshop will be Wednesday, Oct. 28 at 6 p.m.
We’ll follow this session up with two VIRTUAL practice pitch sessions for the Idea Challenge, one on Wednesday, Nov. 4 and the other Monday, Nov. 9. Both will be at 6 p.m. – link coming soon! If you plan on competing, we highly suggest you attend at least one!
The 2020 Idea Challenge is coming!
- Virtual format –90 seconds to pitch an idea to a panel of judges
- Any feasible, innovative idea that solves a problem – great way to test your Eagle Works idea
- Compete alone or as a team - we recommend only one person speaks!
- $1,000 first prize, $500 second, $250 third, $250 Rural Reimagined award
- Awarded as scholarship
- If on a team, split evenly between team members
- Virtual workshops to help prepare on Wednesdays 10/21, 10/28, and a practice session
- Optional but highly recommended!
- Cannot have won first place in previous Idea Challenge or main Eagle Works competition with the same idea you are pitching in this challenge
- 90 seconds to pitch – we will cut you off at time!
- No PowerPoint/video/visual aids
- No Q&A with judges
- MUST REGISTER TO COMPETE (link below)!
- Register by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, November 6
Miss a workshop?
Check out our Workshops page for video and presentations!
Looking to connect?