EagleWorks FAQ & Important Links
Frequently Asked Questions
- Individual registration is now open!
- Register your team!
- Registration deadline: Individual and Team - March 29
- Business plans due: March 29 by 11:59 p.m.
- Preliminary rounds: April 4 & 5
- Tradeshow and Finalist round: Saturday, April 16 12-4 p.m.
- Preliminary round: TBD
- Tradeshow: Bell Hall Multipurpose Room
- Final round: Bell Hall Auditorium
- Make a difference in the world.
- Gain real-world experience.
- Participate in something meaningful and life changing.
- Learn new skill sets which are valuable to future employers.
- Get involved and grow with a diverse group of peers.
- Win thousands in awards.
- Get involved with the innovation & entrepreneurship community at Tennessee Tech.
- Have fun!
How do I compete or get help?
- See this page for full competition details.
- Make sure you read the rules here!!
Will TN Tech provide any resources to help my team prepare?
- Yes! We will offer mentor support, fun events, classes and more.
Will TN Tech own the rights to, or any equity in, my business or intellectual property (IP)?
- Please read the information on the Student Ownership of Intellectual Property page, including the university IP policy and the information on student collaboration agreements.
- No, you will own all rights to your business; however, there are a few caveats:
- Significant use of university resources may require equity share; also:
- There are circumstances in which you can optionally choose to partner with TN Tech for an equity stake in your company to cover patent filings, legal work, etc.
- Please view the video from our student IP pop-up, "If I make it, does Tech own it?"
- If you are competing, you will be sharing information about your idea with Eagle Works staff, judges, and potentially the general public. If you have concerns about your intellectual property, please contact us so we can connect you with someone who can assist.
How will the awards be distributed?
- Awards will be placed on your student account as a scholarship. If you are nearing the federal maximum for scholarships, please let us know ahead of time!
- Awards will be equally distributed among team members.
- If you are graduating in December, you may still compete; however, you will not be eligible to receive awards as all prizes are applied to student accounts.
Will the judges invest in our company?
- No, the judges will not invest their own money into the company.
Who are the judges?
- The judges will be comprised of community and business leaders.
Business Plan Summary Guidelines
- Submission form will be available starting March 24, 2023 - you will submit business plan by 11:59 p.m. on March 29, 2023!
- Optional template can be downloaded here
- Previous year sample plan
- Submit as PDF file only
- 10 MB size limit
- No requirements on length, but most average 3-6 pages
- Include your team/business name in the file name
- Due by 11:59 p.m. on March 29, 2023
- ALL LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL BE DOCKED 20 POINTS.
- Don't wait until the last minute!!
- No changes can be made after submission deadline without being penalized.
- 7 minute MAXIMUM
- Optional PPT template can be downloaded here
- Previous year sample presentation
- Widescreen format! If you have questions, please ask!
- We highly recommend NO VIDEO in the PowerPoint!
- Send to Andrea Kruszka the day before competing.
- Save your presentation as a PDF to make sure it will be compatible, fonts will stay the same, etc.
- Bring a copy of your presentation on a USB drive –backups are always a good idea!
- Test your presentation before you compete!
My question was not answered, who can I contact?
- Complete the contact form here.