EagleWorks FAQ & Important Links
Frequently Asked Questions
- Registration is now open!
- Registration deadline: Friday, March 13
- Preliminary rounds: Friday, April 3, 20
- Finalist Round and Tradeshow: Saturday, April 18, 2020
- Tradeshow, 1-2 p.m.
- Finalist pitches and awards, 2:30-4:30 p.m.
- Preliminary Rounds: Roaden University Center, Tech Pride Room
- Finalist Round and Tradeshow: Bell Hall
- Make a difference in the world.
- Gain real-world experience.
- Participate in something meaningful and life changing.
- Learn new skill sets which are valuable to future employers.
- Get involved and grow with a diverse group of peers.
- Win thousands in awards.
- Get involved with the innovation & entrepreneurship community at Tennessee Tech.
- Have fun!
How do I compete or get help?
Will TN Tech provide any resources to help my team prepare?
- Yes! We will offer mentor support, fun events, classes and more.
- Join the Facebook group for contestants.
Will TN Tech own the rights to, or any equity in, my business or intellectual property (IP)?
- No, you will own all rights to your business; however, there are a few caveats:
- Significant use of university resources may require equity share; also:
- There are circumstances in which you can optionally choose to partner with TN Tech for an equity stake in your company to cover patent filings, legal work, etc.
- Please view the video from our student IP pop-up, "If I make it, does Tech own it?" and the accompanying presentation for more information. (coming soon)
How will the awards be distributed?
- Awards will be placed on your student account as a scholarship.
- Awards will be equally distributed among team members.
- If you are graduating in December, you may still compete; however, you will not be eligible to receive awards as all prizes are applied to student accounts.
Will the judges invest in our company?
- No, the judges will not invest their own money into the company.
Who are the judges?
- There will be a series of preliminary rounds before the main competition.
- The judges will be comprised of community and business leaders.
- Judges will be announced on the day of preliminary rounds.
- We will announce the finalist judges at the main competition.
Business Plan Summary Guidelines
- Submission form will become available Monday, March 16
- Optional template can be downloaded here
- Previous year sample plan
- Submit as PDF file only
- 5 MB size limit
- No requirements on length, but most average 4-8 pages
- Include your team/business name in the file name
- Due by 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, March 25
- ALL LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL BE DOCKED 20 POINTS.
- Don't wait until the last minute!!
- No changes can be made after submission.
- During preliminary and finalist rounds, we will provide a laptop with an HDMI connection.
- You may use any presentation software you wish, but remember to test prior to competing!
- Optional PPT template can be downloaded here
- Previous year sample presentation
- Widescreen format! If you have questions, please ask!
- We highly recommend NO VIDEO
Trade Show Booth
- All teams MUST participate in trade show
- Set up begins at 11 a.m. on Saturday 4/18
- Tradeshow will be open from 1-2 p.m.
- Finalists will be announced at 2 p.m.
- Every team will have an 8x2' table with a black tablecloth
- You will not have electric
- No fire or combustible engines
- Optional template for posters available here (if desired)
- For ideas, you can look at last year's photo gallery
My question was not answered, who can I contact?