Clay N. Hixson Student Success Center
College of Engineering Student Ambassadors
Our student ambassadors are an elite group of current engineering students that have excelled academically and have a willingness to share their experience with others. Ambassadors uphold the philosophy, mission and goals of Tennessee Technological University and the College of Engineering by personal example. The College of Engineering Student Ambassadors serve in a leadership role promoting all majors in the college and attend events on the campus and off the campus.
Looking for a leadership opportunity?
Become a Student Ambassador for the College of Engineering! 2022-2023 Ambassador Applications are Open.
The College of Engineering is looking for motivated, passionate, and driven engineers and computer scientists to share their experiences in the College of Engineering with others and prospective students.
- What is a Student Ambassador?
A student ambassador is an elite representative of the College from any major within the College of Engineering. Ambassadors attend special events on and off campus to share their personal experiences and prospective of their program to prospective students, alumni, and donors.
- Responsibilities & Benefits
- Being part of an elite group of current engineering students that have excelled academically.
- Provide campus tours for prospective students, conferences, and events.
- Represent TN Tech during college events.
- Assist with duties and tasks related to events sponsored by the College of Engineering.
- Work with diverse populations and provide tips on being a successful student.
- Participate in SA team training and meetings.
- How do I Become a Student Ambassador?
To become a student ambassador, you will need to meet the following qualifications:
- Be enrolled as a full-time Tennessee Tech student.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exhibit leadership skills.
- Be very reliable, responsible, and dependable.
- Be a positive role model.
- Have sufficient time (occasional nights and weekends).
- Be willing to serve for a full academic year.
Applications for the 2022-2023 school year are open now through April 9th.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.