Clay N. Hixson Student Success Center
Our student ambassadors are an elite group of current engineering students that have excelled academically and have a willingness to share their experience with others. Ambassadors uphold the philosophy, mission and goals of Tennessee Technological University and the College of Engineering by personal example. The College of Engineering Student Ambassadors serve in a leadership role promoting all majors in the college and attend events on the campus and off the campus.
Student Ambassadors 2020-2021
The following students have been selected to serve as college of engineering student ambassadors for 2020-2021. Congratulations!
Terrie Askew Jr
Student Ambassadors 2021-2022
We are looking for outgoing, friendly students who possess a genuine love for Tennessee Tech and the College of Engineering, and are willing to help represent the engineering programs and share their campus experiences with prospective students while working as a member of a team. Serving as a Student Ambassador is a prestigious honor and a unique opportunity for personal and professional growth.
Spring 2021 Student Ambassador Applications are Open!
If you are passionate about the College of Engineering and would like to share your experience with other students and prospective students, then please apply to be a student ambassador. We are looking for motivate, passionate, and driven engineers and computer scientist to join our ambassador team! If interested please apply at https://tntech.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_ehXKvCfxqk0tK6N.
Read the qualifications and responsibilities below and decide if you would like to serve as a student ambassador.
- Enrolled full-time Tennessee Tech student.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exhibit leadership skills.
- Very reliable, responsible, and dependable.
- Positive role model.
- Have sufficient time (occasional nights and weekends).
Responsibilities & Benefits
- Provide campus tours for prospective students, conferences, events, and activities.
- Represent Tennessee Tech during college events.
- Assist with duties and tasks related to events sponsored by the College of Engineering.
- Work with diverse populations and provide tips on being a successful student.
Participate in Student Ambassador Team training and meetings.
- Help maintain Student Success Center appearance and professionalism.
Network with alumni and professionals.
For more information about the Student Ambassador program contact Harry Ingle at 931-372-3833.