Clay N. Hixson Student Success Center
The Eminence Awards
The Eminence Awards Ceremony was created to recognize outstanding students for superior accomplishments throughout the academic year. The name "Eminence" is a symbol of one of the core values of the College of Engineering contained in the strategic plan. The Eminence Awards Ceremony is held annually in the spring.
Below is a list of awards that will be given at the 2018-2019 ceremony. Recipients are selected by chairpersons, faculty and staff from each department within the college, giving them the opportunity to recognize outstanding achievements of their students. We look forward to continued success as we follow our vision to create 21st Century Renaissance Engineers.
EMINENCE AWARD DESCRIPTIONS
- The Outstanding Senior Award recognizes senior students who excel through academic achievement; campus and community activities; academic, athletic or extra-curricular honors or awards; service and leadership; scholarships and work ethic during their time at Tennessee Tech.
- The Outstanding Innovation Award recognizes the senior design project team or individual that best combines conceptual/technical innovation with entrepreneurial possibility.
- The Bachelor of Science Best Paper Award recognizes B.S. students who have published/co-published a conference or journal paper. (This is an undergraduate award even if they worked with a graduate student).
- The Undergraduate Intellectual Property Award is given to undergraduate students who disseminate, commercialize or publish intellectual property created in the course of their research or creative activity. (This is an undergraduate award even if they worked with a graduate student).
- Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award recognizes the significant contributions our graduate students make to the instructional mission of the college.
- Master of Science Best Paper Award recognizes M.S. students who have published or co-published a conference or journal paper. Additionally, these individuals have presented or co-presented at a conference.
- The Doctor of Philosophy Best Paper Award recognizes Ph.D. students who have published or co-published a conference or journal paper.
- Experiential Education Meritorious Awards are given to undergraduate and graduate students who have demonstrated outstanding achievement in their co-op internship experience as evidenced through their employer evaluation and term report. (awarded by the Center for Career Development)
- The Student Ambassador Leadership Award recognizes our student ambassadors who serve in a leadership role promoting all majors
in the COE and attend events on and off campus. They have a tremendous willingness
to share their experiences with prospective students, families and alumni. (awarded by the Student Success Center)