College of Engineering
Reinforce Advanced Math Placement (RAMP) program
The Reinforce Advanced Math Placement (RAMP) program is an academic bridge program designed to help incoming first-year students prepare for their engineering, engineering technology, and computer science major. The program includes structured math and engineering preparation activities combined with structured social and cultural events to help students gain the skills and confidence needed for success in college.
The program helps first-time freshman advance their math readiness prior to the Fall term and potentially test into a higher math course via the ACCUPLACER test. If successful, participants could start their Fall terms further ahead than scheduled. Math courses will be tailored to the course level needed for each student. During the program, students that will be living on campus for the Fall 2022 term will be allowed to move into their residential hall early and become acclimated to campus before the semester begins.
Students that meet the following requirements are eligible to participate in this program.
- Incoming Freshman with an intention to major in one of the disciplines offered by the College of Engineering.
- ACT Math scores below 27 or SAT Math scores below 640
Aug 07 – 12, 2022
- Check-in to residence hall: Aug 07, 2022. This is for students that will be living on campus for the Fall 2022 term.
- Program Activities: Aug 08-12, 2022
- Math ACCUPLACER test: Aug 12-16, 2022
There is an $80 attendance fee as well as a $20 fee to take the ACCUPLACER test to potentially be moved to a higher math course.
The attendance fee is due July 31st by check. ACCUPLACER fees can only be paid by credit/debit card during the camp.
For all inquiries, please email us using the form below.