Why consider Cybersecurity as a Career?
- There's no shortage of opportunities for security professionals. The field is consistently
- Estimated unfilled cybersecurity jobs worldwide is 3,500,000 by 2021.
- Total cybersecurity job openings right now in the USA is 504,316.
- The current global unemployment rate in cybersecurity is 0%.
- Jobs for security professionals pay good as well.
- With the average salary of security professionals being $96,000.
- 9% more than other IT workers.
- Current cyber crime trends around the world are alarming high.
- The average annual cost to one US company for cyber crime was $13,000,000 in 2019.
- The global cost of data breaches is estimated to be $8,000,000,000,000 by 2022.
- The global cost of cyber crime is estimated to be $6,000,000,000,000 by 2021.
Why study Cybersecurity at Tennessee Tech?
- Tech is the only program in Tennessee to offer cybersecurity specialization at bachelor, masters, and Ph.D. levels.
- Tech is ranked 3rd in engineering schools amongst other non-ivy league schools by College Gazette due in large part to our cybersecurity department.
- Tech is one of three NSA/DHS designated Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education amongst 4-year schools in Tennessee.
- Tech is the first and largest CyberCorps SFS program in Tennessee (1 of 87 in country).
- Tech is also one of ten of those with a community college pathway.
- Tennessee 3-Star Industrial Assessment Center providing cyber risk assessment services for power assessment clients.
- Academic Alliance Partner with DHS in the STOP. THINK. CONNECT! Initiative.
- Tech is the only Cybersecurity Scholarship Program (CySP, formerly DoD IASP) in the State of Tennessee.
- Tech has the longest running NSA GenCyber program in Tennessee.
- Tech founded the WiCyS (Women in Cybersecurity ) conference.
- Tech has a CyberEagles student club with many opportunities and activities.
- Our students' experiences insure they are prepared to work in the industry at a high level.
Here is a link for the Curriculum for Cybersecurity Concentration