The Department of Computer Science offers advanced studies leading to a Master of Science degree in Computer Science. Our MS degree program in Computer Science is driven by two distinct needs that are fueled by the growth in technological companies and jobs in the Middle Tennessee and Upper Cumberland regions. These needs include:
- Opportunities for personnel from surrounding industries to upgrade their professional skills.
- A strong academic program that prepares graduates to pursue a terminal (PhD) degree in Computer Science.
In order to meet the needs listed above, the following learning objectives are emphasized by the Master's program:
- The student should gain breadth of knowledge in the discipline and depth in the specific area of his/her specialization.
- The student should learn and gain experience in doing independent academic work.
- The student should demonstrate knowledge of the techniques, methods, and disciplines of computer science research.
Learn how you can earn credits towards your Master's while you are a Undergradute student at our Fast-Track Program here.
Information regarding the Master's Program Curriculum and Admission can be found by following these links: