What We Do
We create a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship for all Tennessee Tech students, faculty, and staff.
The iMakerSpace is a university-wide, student-centered space under the leadership of the Colleges of Engineering and Business. The iMakerSpace serves as a focal point on campus to provide training, service, partnership, research and evaluation in Innovation and Entrepreneurship (I&E) to all disciplines. iMakerSpace encourages interdisciplinary teams and provides support and training to extend I&E activities into research and the classroom.
Resources and Services for I&E
- Collaborative fabrication, lecture, and team spaces
- Student competitions in innovation and entrepreneurship skills
- Support in manufacturing, testing, and building projects
- Courses/workshops in business development and startups
- Professional development in innovation and entrepreneurship
- Supporting team projects through the local Launch TN site and the Biz Foundry
- Centrally located on campus and accessible to all Tech students, faculty, and staff
- An environment to integrate innovation and entrepreneurship into courses
- Creative environment supported by studens from all diciplines
- Easy to use manufacturing tools and machines
- Ease of use with emphasize on safety training during open hours of the library
Where to Find Us