College of Graduate Studies
See the Graduate Student Calendar for important dates and deadlines concerning defense and submission.
Submitting your thesis/dissertation
To create accounts and submit: www.etdadmin.com/tntech/
Visit the ProQuest Thesis/Dissertation Virtual "Bootcamp" for additional resources.
All graduate students are encouraged to have their thesis/dissertation reviewed by the Writing Excellence Studio prior to submitting the paper into ProQuest.
Formatting your thesis/dissertation
- Thesis/Dissertation formatting requirements
- Thesis/Dissertation formatting checklist (PDF)
- Thesis/Dissertation Handbook (PDF)
- Note: all formatting instructions follow APA guidelines, if your department requires a different format such as MLA or Latex, just let us know.
Printing your thesis/dissertation
You can order print, bound copies for a fee during the submission process. Be sure to ask if your department requires a bound copy. You may also donate a bound copy to the library if desired by bringing it to the front desk.
Accessing Tennessee Tech's theses/dissertations
Some theses and dissertations are in print in the library, and some are available online by following the directions below.
- Go to the Library's databases
- Click on All Databases by Name (A-Z), then click on D
- Click on "Dissertations & Theses Global"
- In the search box, type Tennessee Technological University and search to see all or enter the title to search for a specific thesis or dissertation
Graduate Student Master's Thesis/Final Project Award
Every November the Tennessee Conference of Graduate Schools (TCGS) recognizes the exceptional work of Tennessee graduate students. To apply for this award, contact the College of Graduate Studies. Applications are due to TCGS by December 1 each year. VIEW THIS YEAR'S APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS