|Notice to submit dossier||Dossier deadline||Peer review deadline||Notice of decision||Termination if not renewed or tenured|
|1st year||Jan 15||Feb 15||Mar 1||End of 1st academic year||End of 1st year|
|2nd year||Jan 15||Feb 15||Mar 1||End of 2nd academic year||End of 3rd year|
|3rd year||Jan 15||Feb 15||Mar 1||End of 3rd academic year||End of 4th year|
|4th year||Jan 15||Feb 15||Mar 1||End of 4th academic year||End of 5th year|
|5th (non-tenure year)*||Jan 15||Feb 15||Mar 1||End of 5th academic year||End of 6th year|
|Tenure year (5th or 6th)*||Sep 7||Oct 15||Nov 15||End of 5th or 6th academic year||End of 6th or 7th year|
*The faculty member may apply for tenure at the beginning of the 5th or 6th year after a probationary period of not less than four years (see the Faculty Tenure policy for exceptions.) A faculty member may apply for tenure only once regardless of whether it is the 5th year or the 6th year. The tenure-track schedule is based on years of service at Tennessee Tech.
Reporting deadlines for the tenure year include:
- Faculty complete form T0 to notify they will be applying for Tenure: September 7
- Tenure Committee recommendation to Departmental/Unit Chair: November 15
- Departmental/Unit Chair recommendation to Dean: January 15
- Dean recommendation to Provost: February 15
- Provost recommendation to President: April 1
- President recommendation to the Board: May 1
NOTE: If any date falls on a weekend or holiday, use the next business day.