Parking & Transportation

Parking FAQ

Who needs a parking permit? How do I get one?

Every vehicle parked on campus needs a parking permit. Go to the appropriate web page (student, employee or visitor) for information on how to purchase your permit.  If you are a contracted employee (HES, Chartwells, etc.) please contact the Parking & Transportation Office for information on obtaining a permit.


I have received a parking ticket. Can I appeal it? Where do I pay it?

You can pay university citations at Derryberry Hall at the cashier’s window (located on the first floor) or by logging onto your Eagle Online account. If you want to appeal a ticket, please visit the citation appeals page for more information.  Please note that you only have 15 business days from the date of your citation to place an appeal. 


If I am unhappy with the appeal committee's decision about my citations or I have questions, who do I contact?

When an appeal decision is made, you will receive an email with the results letter.  You have 5 days from the date of the results letter to contest any appeals.  In order to contest an appeal, please email  Student appeals are reviewed by the Vice President of Student Affairs.  Non-Student Citations appeals are reviewed by the Vice President of Planning & Finance.  For more information about appeals, please visit our citation appeals page. 


What if my parking permit is lost or stolen?

Please notify the Parking & Transportation Office immediately if your permit is lost or stolen.  We will deactivate this in the system and will issue you a new permit, free of charge.


Where do I go to get a visitor's parking permit?

Visitors can scan the QR codes located on the Visitor Parking Space Signs and be issued a Virtual Visitor Parking Permit or Visitors may come to the Parking & Transportation Office located in Roaden University Center, 1000 N. Dixie Ave., Rm 122 to obtain a visitor's permit at no cost.  We issue visitor permits from 8:00 am until 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday, excluding campus holidays.

Should you have additional questions, call the Parking & Transportation Office at 931-372-6428.


My vehicle was towed.  What do I do?

If your vehicle was towed and it is during business hours (between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm) please contact the Parking & Transportation Office at 931-372-6428.  Tow inquiries outside of normal business hours can be directed to University Police at 931-372-3234.


Experience Tech For Yourself

Visit us to see what sets us apart.

Schedule Your Visit
Contact Us