Bee Campus USA
What is Bee Campus USA?
Bee Campus USA is a program created by Xerces Society as an extension of Bee City USA. Bee Campus USA attempts to promote awareness for all pollinators: bees, butterflies, bats, birds, etc. It helps campuses establish a safe, healthy environment for pollinators to be able to feed and pollinate the plants they need to survive. We are excited to be Bee Campus USA - Tennessee Tech University and follow the guidelines that Bee Campus USA has laid out. For more information, visit www.beecityusa.org.
Check out these classes on pollinators and IPM:
BIOL 3330 - Entomology
BIOL 2310 - General Botany
BIOL 3240 - Field Botany
BIOL 4330 (5330) - Plant Ecology
AGRN 4100 (5100) - Weed Science
AGHT 3030 - IPM
AGRN 3300 - Organic Farming
- Implement a habitat plan that is safe and friendly for pollinators
- Develop gardens with native plants around campus to help pollinators
- Engage the community with workshops, classes, events and more
- Post signage to educate the community on the benefits of pollinators
- Develop a Bee Campus USA Committee to maintain a Campus Pollinator Habitat Plan and Integrated Pest management Plan (IPM)
- Host events to bring awareness to the importance of pollinators
- Sponsor student Service-Learning Projects
- Offer courses and/or workshops that are pollinator or IPM focused
- Post signs to educate the campus and community about pollinators
- Create a website that shares our Bee Campus USA news and activities (check!)
- Apply annually for Bee Campus USA renewal
Find a Native Plant Supplier close to you! You can also check out Tennessee Smart Yards for mail order.