College of Education
The faculty in the Department of Exercise Science, Physical Education and Wellness believe that individuals and society benefit from physical activity. The mission of the department is to promote enhanced quality of life through participation in physical activity, exercise and sports for the people of Tennessee and beyond.
- Our Bachelor's and Master's degree concentrations are designed to individually cater to students who are interested in a variety of professional fields related to exercise science, physical education and wellness.
- The educational experiences and training offered by the department are diverse and in-depth.
- Our range of course offerings allow students to specialize in a specific field of study and develop on-site professional skills through a culminating internship experience.
Bachelor of Science Degree Concentrations (B.S.)
The EXPW undergraduate program is approved by the State of Tennessee and is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
- Coaching & Sports Administration
- Fitness & Wellness
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Recreation & Leisure Management
- Teacher Licensure (K-12)
- CLICK HERE FOR MORE ABOUT THE B.S. DEGREE
Online Master of Arts Degree Concentrations (M.A.)
Our graduate program is completely online and offers students the opportunity to pursue a Master's degree conveniently. The focus of the master's program is to enhance professional skills in the selected area of study; therefore, coursework focuses on practical outcomes more than theoretical perspectives. Our graduates are equipped to provide high quality programs and to teach youth the importance and benefits of healthy lifestyles.
- Adapted Physical Education
- Elementary & Secondary School Physical Education
- Fitness & Lifetime Wellness
- Sport Management
- CLICK HERE FOR MORE ABOUT THE ONLINE M.A. DEGREE