Sport Management Online
Start Your Career in Sport Management Online!
Nationally Accredited and Named a 2019 Most Affordable Online Program
Please complete the online form and we'll get right back with you or email email@example.com.
Get Started Today: Graduate Admissions
State and federal laws require colleges and universities to be authorized to offer online degree programs in states other than their own. States must have a date in the ‘Approved as SARA State’ before the applicants are eligible for the program. If you do not see your state listed, you will be unable to enroll in any online programs offered by Tennessee Tech.
- Admission Requirements
Applicants for admission to the M.A. in Exercise Science are expected to have earned a bachelor's degree.
- An undergraduate degree in the field of Exercise Science is not required.
- Admission is decided based on a multi-parameter criterion that can include the following
and will be evaluated by the graduate faculty in the department.
- Minimum 2.5 undergraduate GPA of Provisional Standing and minimum 2.75 undergraduate GPA for Full Standing.
- Minimum MAT score of 370 for Provisional and 380 for Full Standing OR meet ONE of the following options on the GRE General Test (GRE):
- Exceed 150 on Verbal Reasoning and score 138 or above on Quantitative Reasoning AND a score of 4.0 or above is required on Analytical Writing
- Exceed 141 on Quantitative Reasoning and score 143 or above on Verbal Reasoning AND a score of 4.0 or above is required on Analytical Writing
- Waive entrance exam with undergraduate GPA of 3.75 or higher.
- Waive entrance exam for students who have a passing score of EdTPA and minimum 3.0 undergraduate GPA.
- Minimum of 2 letters of recommendation from someone who can address scholarly aptitude.
- Letter of Intent outlining the purpose and proposed outcomes of being in the program.
- Writing sample from an undergraduate 4000 level class or complete the provided writing prompt here.
- Participate in face-to-face or online interview, if required.
Based on the level of satisfaction of the above criteria, the department will either recommend admission to Full Standing, Provisional Standing, or deny admission. Provisional Standing status may be changed to Full Standing after the student satisfies the requirements specified by the department at the time of admission or upon departmental review.
- More Exercise Science Online M.A. Concentrations