Appalachian Center for Craft
Call for Proposals:
The Appalachian Center for Craft (ACC) is pleased to receive submission proposals from artists/craftspeople and curators for exhibitions for 2022 and 2023.
The ACC is interested in cultivating and showcasing work that strengthens the role of craft in contemporary culture. ACC Galleries exhibit traditional and contemporary fine craft by emerging, mid-career, and established craft artists. We are seeking work that highlights mastery in craftsmanship, celebrates craft and/or pushes the boundaries of craft. Exhibitions can be individual or group shows.
The selection committee will be looking for bodies of work/installations that are cohesive, well-considered, informative, and which promote craft and contemporary craft practices. Exhibitions are two months in duration and a $200 honorarium per exhibition is offered to help support shipping/delivery of artwork. Artwork is insured while on the premises.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Submissions must include the following:
- Letter of Intent/Proposal:
- A clear description of theme/concept and the type of work defined by medium, technique, or function (maximum of 500 words). Please describe your current artistic practice, the proposed body of work, installation and overall intent or concept of the exhibition. Proposed or working title of the exhibition, and a list of artist/s and justification for their inclusion if the proposal is curatorial or a group exhibition. Please also note the 3 different gallery space layouts shown here with dimensions, and note any preference as to the gallery space chosen for your proposal.
- Support Material: A list of works to be exhibited (include artist, title, medium,
dimensions, date of work) or if not yet created, a list of what is planned for inclusion.
Support material which can include any materials relevant to the application, images (maximum of 20), promotional materials, reviews and catalogs. Image requirements are as follows: JPEG format, maximum of 1024 x 768 resolution.
- A list of the support material provided including the title, medium, dimensions, and date.
- A curriculum vitae of the principal organizer/curator or artist In preparation for the application we suggest that you have a CV that reflects: previous exhibitions, educational background, honors & awards, permanent collections & commissions and residencies.
- Applications will only be accepted by email or through www.WeTransfer.com . Proposals for this call will be accepted until midnight, Tuesday, August 31, 2021.
Please contact:Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit your proposal to: email@example.com
The Appalachian Center for Craft hosts multiple exhibitions annually featuring functional and sculptural works of traditional and contemporary fine craft and mixed media by international, national and regional artists including artists from the Appalachian Center for Craft.