Reporting a Work Related Injury or Illness
NOTICE: All incidents, regardless of how small, must be reported immediately. Failure to report any accident or incident immediately may result in an incentive, which will be charged to employee's department.
All Tennessee Tech employees who have had an on-the-job injury (even minor injuries that do not require medical treatment) should follow these instructions: (Employees include: benefited employees, temporaries, adjunct faculty, graduate assistants, and student workers.)
- Call 911 for all emergencies that result in serious bodily injury and seek treatment at the nearest emergency room.
- Notify your supervisor immediately.
- Tell your supervisor what occurred, how it happened, any witnesses to the incident, and if you were injured as a result of the accident.
- If you are a witness to a work related accident where a fellow employee is injured and the involved employee cannot notify his or her supervisor, you should attempt to notify the supervisor immediately.
- You and your supervisor need to call the 24/7 Call Center (1-866-245-8588).
- Select Option #1 to speak with a nurse for immediate care.
- The supervisor needs to report the injury to Human Resources as soon as possible by email.
- After the nurse recommends treatment, the supervisor will call the First Notice of Loss hotline (1-866-245-8588) and select option #2 to answer additional questions.
Reporting a Auto Accident
Click here for Auto Accident reporting information and Auto Damage Notification Card.