Freshman Orientation (SOAR)
After Orientation... What's Next?
We know orientation seems like information overload. Now since you are back home, take a moment to review the information included in both your student folder and SOAR book. You will find a lot of useful resources and information to help ease your transition to Tech.
Below is a checklist to ensure you've taken care of all items before arriving on-campus
for the fall semester. Remember, the Office of New Student & Family Programs is here
to help you. If you cannot find the contact information for a department below, email
us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don't forget... Fall semester classes start Thursday, August 19, 2021!
- ✔ Review Your SOAR Book
Flip through your SOAR book to review information covered during your orientation session. It also has contact information easily accessible for different offices and departments on campus.
- ✔ Financial Aid
- Log into your Eagle Online account via TechExpress to review your Financial Aid information. Once logged into TechExpress, locate the Eagle Online icon within your QuickLinks.
- Make sure to Accept or Decline any awards or aid you have been given.
- Contact the Office of Financial Aid for any questions you may have at email@example.com or at (931) 372-3073. Make sure to include your full name and Tech ID Number!
- ✔ Health Documentation
Review the Immunization Requirements website for details about required documentation and forms needed for new students.
- Fall admits must have these items submitted by August 13, 2021.
- Contact Health Services at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Make sure to include your full name and Tech ID Number in your email.
- ✔ Meal Plans
Meal Plan selection is available in your Eagle Online account! If you haven't already...
- Choose a meal plan option before confirming your enrollment for the fall. All freshman living on-campus are required to select a meal plan. If a meal plan is not selected, you will automatically be registered for a residential meal plan.
- Visit tntech.edu/dining for more information about meal plans and meal plan options.
- Contact Dining Services at (931) 372-3276 for any questions you may have regarding meal plans
- ✔ Parking
All on and off-campus students are required to register for parking permit in order to park on campus.
- Visit the Student Parking website for more information about parking on campus
- If you register for classes after August 13, 2021, stop by University Parking (Roaden University Center 122) to purchase your permit.
- ✔ Textbooks
Order your textbooks from the University Bookstore to ensure they are ready when you arrive on campus and have the right edition for your classes.
- Log into your Eagle Online account and find your class schedule. From there, you can click the "Student" tab. then select "Registration" and "Order Your Textbooks."
- You can pay for your textbooks using a credit card or your excess financial aid.
- Deadline to purchase books using your excess financial aid is August 5, 2021 by 5pm (central). Students must be registered for classes before using excess aid to purchase textbooks.
- ✔ Tuition & Fees
Tuition & fees will be available in your Eagle Online account beginning July 15, 2021 (for students who have already attended orientation).
- You can make a payment for your tuition after confirming your enrollment.
- All students must "Confirm Enrollment/Save Your Seat" to keep their registered class schedule for each semester at Tech
- If registered for classes prior to August 6, 2021 you must complete this process by August 5, 2021.
- If registered for classes after August 6, 2021, you must complete this process by August 17, 2021.
- ✔ Week of Welcome & On-Campus Move-In
Week of Welcome 2021 is right around the corner! Make plans to attend and check out the full schedule of events. You'll get to meet fellow classmates, and fun, and find involvement opportunities on campus!
- Move-In Week - Living on campus this fall? The Office of Residential Life will communicate information to you regarding when and how to move-in to your on-campus residence. For more information, please contact Residential Life at ResLife@tntech.edu.
- ✔ Additional Items...
Here are a few additional checklist items for you...
- Contact your Student Orientation Assistant with any questions you may have about the upcoming fall semester.
- Disability Accommodations - students interested in requesting disability accommodations must contact the Accessible Education Center and submit proper documentation. For more information, click here!
- TTUAlert - this system allows students to stay informed during campus emergencies via text and email. Students will receive a prompt when logging in to Eagle Online to enter a mobile telephone number or choose to opt out.